"Fast & Dangerous" Mag Feeding Guide

Kotta

7 hours ago, jespence said:

I tried this out and it feeds lickety split fast, but I think maybe it needs a diagram to explain and visualize what happens:

Say you have 2 mags to feed and need about 30 seconds to feed materials and pass to the next person in a 4 person chain:

Person A  joins the game

and mag timer is set to 3:30

------->Person B joins the game

30 seconds later

and a separate timer is

set to 3:30

------------------------>Person C joins the game

30 seconds later

and a separate timer is

------------------------>Person D joins the game

30 seconds later

and a separate timer is

Person A feeds the mags

after 3:30 but there is only

30 seconds left on B's timer

Feed, drop and pass to B

--->Person B feeds the mags

and only 30 seconds is left

on C's timer

Feed, drop and pass to C

----->Person C feeds the mags

and only 30 seconds is left

on D's timer

Feed drop and pass to D

----->Person D feeds the mags

and about 2 mins is left on

A's timer

Feed Drop and pass to A

and restock materials

This diagram looks great for a reference. All I can say about It Is that, In order for you to use 4 characters to speed your mag feeding, 30 seconds Is too little If you're gonna feed 9 mags. Also, for this, you must do Feed Cancelling for faster feeding, as I explain In this quote.

On 5/16/2021 at 1:28 PM, Kotta said:

Feed Cancel as In, you know that, when you feed a mag, you get to see It growing up on each bars (DFP, POW, DEX, MIND). You can avoid seeing that growth by pressing F4 (assuming you are feeding your mag on the F4 mag window. Otherwise, If you're feeding via F12 you gotta press F12). That way, you can save that little time watching your mag growing by closing and reopening the mag window.

The downside of doing so Is that, If you're feeding more than one mag, In order to get to the second, or third, or fourth mag In your Inventory, you have to manually get back to that specific mag. (Imagine If you're feeding countless mags, you will naturally get lost, even with the mag reader :onion-head65:

(Idk If I can be more clear than that. Tbh I have become so used to It It doesn't bug me at this point, especially when I use 4 characters to feed 9 mags on each Individually, making a total of 36 mags :onion-head81:)

7 hours ago, jespence said:

A couple of things I noted:

*If you wait too long to pass the mag from one person to another, their timer will go back to 3:30

*Sometimes the mag will be at different states on 1 client vs another.  One time a mag was lvl 62 on one client, and another thought the mag was lvl 60.  I kept it with the person who's client thought the mag was the higher level and just let the other person leave the game, and all was fine

Yeah, I also covered the first thing noted here:

On 5/15/2021 at 9:59 PM, Kotta said:

You see, once the mag counter reaches 0 (to be precise, a second after It reaches 0 ¬_¬) the mag can be fed. If you forget to feed the mags [AT LEAST "ONCE"], the counter will not reset; and, If the other character's counter also reaches 0 along the same counter mentioned now, then whether the one or the other character feeds the mag, the counter will reset FOR BOTH CHARACTERS. Meaning that, said mag's counter Is now In Sync with both characters.

As for the second thing noted, I really can't tell what exactly happens there, but I believe the game does know how exactly the mag Is behaving, but I'm really not sure....

It's happened to me as well that a mag would be at level 162 on a character, but on the others It would look on another level, like 167 or more or less .   _.

But iirc, when I either deposit mag on bank, or change block, the mag would go back to Its natural level, meaning, the feeding went according to what It was Intended :onion-head49:

4 minutes ago, Kotta said:

As for the second thing noted, I really can't tell what exactly happens there, but I believe the game does know how exactly the mag Is behaving, but I'm really not sure....

It's happened to me as well that a mag would be at level 162 on a character, but on the others It would look on another level, like 167 or more or less .   _.

But iirc, when I either deposit mag on bank, or change block, the mag would go back to Its natural level, meaning, the feeding went according to what It was Intended :onion-head49:

this is due to class id and the A and B catagories if you kept all A id then it would look the same , banking is the only hard save or leave game and re join

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jespence said:

Say you have 2 mags to feed and need about 30 seconds to feed materials and pass to the next person in a 4 person chain:

If It's 4 characters feeding 9 mags, then 30 seconds Is too little to feed a mag three times while buying the materials on the shop 2 times while feeding the mags :rf-08: [9 mags x 3 feeding = 27 materials needed = 10 materials on your Inventory + 2 times you gotta buy x10 materials]

Personally, I would make sure to leave time enough to cover the whole 3:30 timer. So If I had to do the math, setting 3m30s In seconds (3 minutes = 180 seconds), I would have a total of 210 seconds.

Given the timer starts running once I make room, then I gotta distribute It In 4 characters (210 seconds / 4 characters = 52.5 seconds)

Meaning, Once your A character makes room, B Character must enter room 52.5 seconds afterwards (3m30s - 52.5 seconds = 2m37.5s), then the same process with C Character (2m37.5s - 52.5 seconds = 1m45s), then the same process with D Character ( 1m45s - 52.5 seconds = 0m52.5s) 

Yes, with D character, who Is the last, on A Character the timer must be at 52.5 seconds, since It was Intended to be shared equally on them 4 characters. Now this way, every time counter on each character will be 52.5 seconds different from each In the same order.

Also, from my experience, 52.5 seconds Is perfect enough to feed 9 mags quickly If you are fast.

All you gotta know about It Is this...

On 5/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, Kotta said:

Recently, I did this with 4 characters and 9 mags at level 50  with stats similar to this: [5.04    0.04     16.27    29.65] ("similar" because they are not alike :onion-head82: In the end, their purpose Is to reach 70 DEX 70 MST to transform Into Omochao  at level 145 :D ]

I fed only Moon atomizers (0.05 DEX and 0.21 MIND) on apsaras mags 4 times at once. (As In, In 3m30s of feeding a mag once, I did It 4 times for every 3m:30s) until It reached 70 MIND. DEX reached 25.92, and DEF & POW remained at 5.04 & 0.04 respectively reaching from level 50 to level 100.

:onion103: The total time via this process without any failures or mistakes was around 1 hour & 15 minutes.

[And finally, for the sake of your sanity] Doing this process nonstop for that long will stretch your arm muscles [just like the tool sportsman use to constantly squeeze as hard & fast as possible. Not as hard (or at least not Instantly), but the toll Increases as time passes :onion-head84:]

____________________ Final (and quite late) update for this post__________________

........ Fatigue's after-effects.....

... I am feeling more dizzy and weak hours later :onion-head57:

This process Is really tiresome. This Is no joke If you're gonna be leveling them 9 mag for too long. That's why 8 mags Is more confortable. For feeding 9 mags you can't stop or catch a 1-second breath, so you better be prepared :onion127:

5 hours ago, ink said:

Seems a bit complicated and all the dropping, personally if i  hold ten mags in inventory and feed all . The timer resets on 1st mag by the time you got round to feeding all other 9 and bought feed from the shop. As each mag is a few's sec out of feed

5 hours ago, jespence said:

I don’t know how you could do it well with 9+ mags; especially if they need feeding differing things and you only can hold 10 of each material at a time;

that’s why I stuck to just 2

Hence the disclaimer :onion-head63:

On 5/15/2021 at 9:59 PM, Kotta said:

Also, DISCLAIMER(S) 

-There Is risk In doing this, for Idk If these actions can get you DC'd, but just thinking about previous experience of mag trading getting me DC'd, I can't tell what mag dropping...

-The process Is ARDUOUS, and It's not recommended to do on mags that require constant different Item feedings.

[It's a very masochistic process that requires the player to stay In constant feeding, for time on feeding a mag, even If cancelling the feeding process, passes really quick, especially If dealing with lots of mags]

If only I could make a video of myself doing It, It would way much more easier to explain how :onion87:

56 minutes ago, ink said:

this is due to class id and the A and B catagories if you kept all A id then it would look the same , banking is the only hard save or leave game and re join

This Is..... quite an Interesting fact O .o :onion122:

2 minutes ago, RocketTots said:

FF2.jpg

You missed some Onion Head's faces here and there :onion93::onion-head65::onion-head63:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

A little discovery I did a while ago (and never posted because It's basically the pinnacle of the risk :onion87:) Is that If you keep mags dropped on the floor, the counter won't keep running to 0 for any of the characters, which Is convenient If you want to stop and take a short break :D 

[But It's up to you to take the risk. Be wary of this :onion-head28:]