(not for me) New Section for 3rd Party Trades

Lelb

(not for me)

I was confused by a trade today and the clarification given by the OP was "learn to read".  It's easy to understand the confusion as when I joined Ultima "no 3rd party trades" was a rule.  Whether or not that is being relaxed is not something I'm not offering opinion on -- this thread is for a different purpose:

Can a new section for "3rd party" (or whatever it's called -- "External"?) be placed under Trade to separate the posts that are not accepting Ultima items, PD, PS, DT in trade?

(this request is not for me; i'm not a 3rd party trader; this is to prevent confusion)

In other words, if I have no ability to trade this would allow me to search other posts of people that I know I can trade with and not find out later from the trader that they won't accept Ultima items in trade.

And for 3rd party traders, they have a place where they can find those listed exclusively as well.

Thoughts?

ty

• Like 2

I think the guidelines are pretty clear regarding our position on 3rd party trades (we don't encourage or support them) and personally I think it would not be a good idea to make a section for such trades.

I'll bring it up and see what the other staff thinks about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Soly said:

I think the guidelines are pretty clear regarding our position on 3rd party trades (we don't encourage or support them) and personally I think it would not be a good idea to make a section for such trades.

I'll bring it up and see what the other staff thinks about it.

Maybe ban it from the site in the future and stick a channel in discord called black market, back alley transactions? 

• Like 1

We end up with the same thing tho...

We don't want to promote it, and part of the staff agrees with that idea so I don't think we'll add such a subforum or discord channel.
I suppose it'd be expected of people doing such trades to label them properly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soly said:

We end up with the same thing tho...

We don't want to promote it, and part of the staff agrees with that idea so I don't think we'll add such a subforum or discord channel.
I suppose it'd be expected of people doing such trades to label them properly.

ok thx

I for one would absolutely love that but let's be real, it'll drop the production of DTs and funding the server. The only way I see it working is if somehow the DTs rate were higher than the actual cash value itself which good luck with that when you're talking money. I know the guidelines haven't changed in this matter but I'm stating my opinion that I think it's good the way it is now 👽