Happy Hours or Increased droprates by 2X always during events

Happy Hours or Increased droprates by 2X always during events  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Happy Hours 3X drop rate at random times or, a constant 2X droprate during the whole duration of the events would a better solution?

• Happy Hours at Random (The way it is)
    • 2X droprate for the entire event with no Happy Hours

15 minutes ago, EFR said:

As Wilson said, it's already easy enough to get things here as it is, and to make it even easier would be borderline laughable. All you would do is enable people to get everything they want and quit even faster than people already have been doing. Look at your population, 19 people a day? Yeah, and you wanna increase drops to be even easier? Do the math dude, it's not hard.

Also, I don't know how you could possibly see me saying that is equal to saying to stop suggesting and to stop caring. I never said that, or insinuated it. You can care all you want and suggest all you want, but as the poll shows, you're one of the minority. Majority doesn't want it. I'm simply informing you of a copy cat server that makes things even easier to find and makes it even easier for you to quit the game if you're not content with having to actually hunt for 3 hours for something. God forbid you actually have to hunt in a grind game about hunting things. Golly.

Dear lord man. I have grinded this game a hell of alot more then I should have thousands and thousands of hours. I am sure you and many others have as well and have felt the burn out. I literally have every single item I want or need at this point it is pure repetition. The drop rate change would not have to be locked to 2X (that is only a base to go off of to get the conversation started) however somewhere in the middle of it all and abolishing the need for GM activated Happy Hours (ONLY during events) is certainly not a bad option and you still need to put in the work and works with everyone's schedules and lives especially during the holidays when they want to spend time with family and still have a chance at PGF. More effort required then camping out HHs thats for sure.

Edited by C01D1
  • Like 4

On 12/5/2019 at 11:12 AM, C01D1 said:

especially during the holidays when they want to spend time with family and still have a chance at PGF. More effort required then camping out HHs thats for sure.

Sometimes you're going to have to understand that you aren't entitled to getting something on this game just because you put the effort in. 

You're just gonna have to accept that you may not get what you want, hunting or not. But making it easier isn't the answer. Making it easier makes the server mode dead, and this server already had a VERY limited life span given how easy it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EFR said:

Sometimes you're going to have to understand that you aren't entitled to getting something on this game just because you put the effort in. 

You're just gonna have to accept that you may not get what you want, hunting or not. But making it easier isn't the answer. Making it easier makes the server mode dead, and this server already had a VERY limited life span given how easy it is.

I am fine either way to be honest, as I stated I have what I require. I just wanted to put an idea out there to see if anyone thought it was viable as I brought it up and was asked to make a poll. Do you play here often at the moment? The server is not dead and still has a pretty active community of dedicated players. All the best.

1 minute ago, C01D1 said:

I am fine either way to be honest, as I stated I have what I require. I just wanted to put an idea out there to see if anyone thought it was viable as I brought it up and was asked to make a poll. Do you play here often at the moment? The server is not dead and still has a pretty active community of dedicated players. All the best.

I dont play here often anymore, because I got everything I wanted within a matter of a year or two and then stopped playing. As did 80% of this server's community. I don't think you can even argue that the difference between 80 players on the regular and 15 players on the regular is massive. I also didn't say it was dead, I said the server's life span is shorter because of how much easier it is to get what you want. That alongside the p2w model the server possesses that really turns people off. I like this server for what it is, but it's undeniable that making games like this easier makes the lifespan significantly shorter.

• Like 2

Just now, EFR said:

I dont play here often anymore, because I got everything I wanted within a matter of a year or two and then stopped playing. As did 80% of this server's community. I don't think you can even argue that the difference between 80 players on the regular and 15 players on the regular is massive. I also didn't say it was dead, I said the server's life span is shorter because of how much easier it is to get what you want. That alongside the p2w model the server possesses that really turns people off. I like this server for what it is, but it's undeniable that making games like this easier makes the lifespan significantly shorter.

Valid points, as such I have stated that this was solely to provide a consistent chance of a drop during events and getting rid of Happy Hours. If anything Happy Hours makes it ALOT easier to get a drop during its 3 hour duration then what I have proposed, but honestly we will never know because even if 100% of the people said yes to this proposal it would still need to be implemented. A pipe dream to say the least but a good debate nonetheless.

• Like 2

There’s so much more to this game than these repetitive hunts anyway. If anyone is as bored hunting as they claim or is losing interest in the game because they “have everything” i’d recommend trying to truly learn this game. Nearly no one on Ultima knows a lick of Challenge Mode despite there being tons of players who strictly play that. Battle doesn’t get any attention either. I already shill time attack so much that I won’t mention it much. There’s so so much more than this game than meets the eye and locking yourself into purely hunting AFTER having most things is a shame and honestly does the game a dishonor. 

• Like 1

Just now, Saber +7 said:

There’s so much more to this game than these repetitive hunts anyway. If anyone is as bored hunting as they claim or is losing interest in the game because they “have everything” i’d recommend trying to truly learn this game. Nearly no one on Ultima knows a lick of Challenge Mode despite there being tons of players who strictly play that. Battle doesn’t get any attention either. I already shill time attack so much that I won’t mention it much. There’s so so much more than this game than meets the eye and locking yourself into purely hunting AFTER having most things is a shame and honestly does the game a dishonor. 

Saber while I understand there is more to the game, not all of us are willing to treat it like a second job. I have played Challenge mode and its fun but honestly I am here to hunt with the people I enjoy playing with and helping people. Some people play Pokemon to play the game for the story or Legendary Pokemon. Some people play and want to hunt for the perfect IV Pokemon and Shinys and finishing the game as a speedrun. Whatever floats your boat! As for us dishonoring the game... That is a very strange statement, we have all dishonored the game as soon as we played on a private server with non legit weapons and items. You almost sound like an old golfer crapping on people about using Hybrid irons instead of old 2 irons. Cheers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, C01D1 said:

Saber while I understand there is more to the game, not all of us are willing to treat it like a second job. I have played Challenge mode and its fun but honestly I am here to hunt with the people I enjoy playing with and helping people. Some people play Pokemon to play the game for the story or Legendary Pokemon. Some people play and want to hunt for the perfect IV Pokemon and Shinys and finishing the game as a speedrun. Whatever floats your boat! As for us dishonoring the game... That is a very strange statement, we have all dishonored the game as soon as we played on a private server with non legit weapons and items. You almost sound like an old golfer crapping on people about using Hybrid irons instead of old 2 irons. Cheers.

I really don’t treat this game like a second job... I play a decent amount, but likely no more than you if your 1000s of hours statement is true. I do think that not offering other portions of the game a real chance is a dishonor. There’s so much to discover, test, and learn. If you feel like playing on a “non-vanilla” server is doing the game wrong there’s still ways to play Gamecube and really close to the official servers.

8 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I really don’t treat this game like a second job... I play a decent amount, but likely no more than you if your 1000s of hours statement is true. I do think that not offering other portions of the game a real chance is a dishonor. There’s so much to discover, test, and learn. If you feel like playing on a “non-vanilla” server is doing the game wrong there’s still ways to play Gamecube and really close to the official servers.

I agree that having people play more challenge mode and Battle mode would be great. I think Mr. Nakas Cards destroyed CM (People did it for S Ranks mostly) and there isn`t much incentive to do PVP here when an event is going on and if you did not get the drops you want you need to focus on that first or wait another year. Also PVP is very unbalanced with the classes, everyone is a HUmar spamming Zonde and Traps.

Edited by C01D1
  • Like 1