Price checking

TripleR

I just wanted to throw out some information and opinions about price checking different items. For starters I should point out that no price check is ever a really solid statement of what something is worth, neither is what it has sold for before, or what it has gone for in an auction. There is always going to be a supply and demand aspect of this, disregarding anything that has to do with how hard it is to get in the game. It's pretty simple, when less of something is around people tend to offer more for it simply because they want it and not many people feel like selling, so just because after an event something was going for say 30 PDs, doesn't mean it's a rip off if someone wants 50-60 PDs 6 months later(it's just bad when people purposely try to hunt things to sell at double what they are worth later on, and is mostly just blatant taking advantage of people). At the end of the day it really comes down to what are you willing to give for an item, and what someone is willing to let it go for, with that said, I am going to break down a few things that kind of go into figuring out what an item is worth.

First of all, there are very few "as dropped" items worth more than 200 PDs, and I would argue only a few rare ones would ever hit this point, even if you find them with very good stats, say around 100 in attributes(divided into the other two stats, doubtful you will see an item drop with 100% but it does happen) and 50% hit. I think most of the good items people are usually after fall into this same kind of range, of 1-10 PDs blank and low stats, and 120-200 if they are very good. If the item requires a combining item, or is an event drop, a mix of both of those things, does it have a special added, this should also be taken into consideration. 

Drop rate/monster counts/difficulty of the hunt -  These go together because just a drop rate does not determine how hard it is to get an item(except maybe for boss drops). How many of said monster can you get in a given quest? how hard is the quest? is it something where you can just spam the first room or do you have to fight out the entire thing to maximize your chances at getting the item? Does it drop from monsters that are difficult or in difficult areas? Something could have a relatively high rate but if you get a quest with a lot of the monsters you need then it of course makes it much easier. This is especially true of things that are dropped from rare monsters, when green names are on these items become very easy to hunt down with great stats.

Stats, and added attributes/hit - Generally any blank weapon is going to be cheap, even the more rare items going from 5-10 PDs, with the exception of some super rare ones(Sealed J-Sword, Guld Milla), and force weapons that don't need stats. This next bit is important... stats are not worth the DT value of adding them to the item! This is totally crazy, If you did decide to start adding from 0 that does not make your weapon worth the cost it took to give it the stats it has. The only real time you could get away with this would be items that are no obtainable with stats, and I still don't agree with doing that in that situation. Generally speaking if I were to base a price check on something with added stats, I would first consider what the item would be worth if it, for example, dropped as having 80%(as in 40% in 2 stats) in attributes and 40% in hit. After figuring out this price then you would start adding up what it would take to make it the stats it is currently, and this should basically give you a max price for the item. I should also point out that a few items from lower difficulty can be more valuable due to getting them with good stats being nearly impossible. As well as Lame d'Argent and Sealed J-Sword only being able to drop with a max of 2 stats, since the third slot is used for the kill counter and a third stat can only be added after unsealing the item.

While on this subject I want to point out a game mechanic that kind of factors into pricing in my opinion. Adding attribute %s on really low atp weapons, and I am talking really low here, say Yasminkov 9000 or typeme/mechguns. Because the weapons have such little starting atp what they add by adding stats can pretty much be completely ignored, and adds no value to the weapon. Bear this in mind if someone is trying to sell something like that, it is likely a high price for very little improvement.

Is it a side drop? - I think this is kind of important and sometimes ignored, but something that drops while you are hunting another item, often in abundance, is worth much less even with great stats. Vivienne, Daylight Scar, Disca of Braveman, are a few really good examples of this, even with very high stats you would rarely see them over 20 pds.

Can you get it as a quest reward? - This is kind of a tricky area, there are some quest rewards that are guaranteed, and fairly easy to get. A prime example of this is the 40% hit Vjaya from ep2 goverment quest, or the type weapons available from episode 4. The price on these will be very low, as anyone can get them reliably and easily. Where it gets more difficult is ROCT rewards, or also CCC. These may be quest rewards but you are by no means likely to get a good item upon completion of the quest. It is entirely luck and just because an item can be gotten this way does not make it less valuable. Gallons Roulette is another example of extremely luck based rewards, that is also often dealing with weapons that would be difficult to drop with high stats, and does not really take away from the value of weapons you can get there.

Is the item actually any good? - Pretty plain and simple, some weapons are just not as effective as others that may be hunted more easily, and no amount of stats is going to save this, no amount of rarity is going to make it valuable other than just having it for swag purposes(Dancing Hitogata, Zero Divide, Guld Milla). I am not saying these are bad items, or worthless, I am saying the value doesn't compare well to the rarity.

Going to mention the PD:DT rate here as well, because for a while now I've felt that 99 PDs to 15 DTs is kind of skewed. Let me break down a few things

10 DTs can add a special to ANY weapon that can have a special added.

15 DTs can add 35% in attributes, or 20% in hit.

10 DTs can max the stats of an armor or shield that can have max stats(although it's not worth it really).

10 DTs can change your section ID.

DTs require you or someone else to actually give money to the server

99 PDs can add 30% in attributes

40-60 PDs can add specials to S-Rank weapons

PDs can be farmed fairly easily as set drops or rewards from certain quests, as well as world of illusion which gives you a good chance at getting a PD for every stage you complete(7 stages total)

People looking to sell PDs may not like it, but I think it isn't hard to tell here which is more useful. Personally, I prefer 120:15, but this is just me and others may feel different, but you should take all of these things into consideration if you are looking to buy PDs.

I want to restate again, these are my opinions, I am sure some people will disagree, but I think to some it may also be very helpful. Please don't post in this thread asking for a price check.

I am sure I am probably missing something and hopefully Fyrewolf might chime in on this as well.

Edited by TripleR
added thoughts on pd:dt ratio
  • Like 10

On 2017-6-4 at 2:33 PM, Misombre said:

Also I couldn't read the part talking about whales.

Whales are intelligent creatures, people should stop hunting them, other than that I have no idea what you are talking about lol

Edited by TripleR
Sorry for misombrestanding

@TripleR I talked about whales because this is my thing. There was no thought whatsoever behind it, if not "crap, I must really tell him that we can't read anything with this color, but I have nothing more to say so...". On a light note, if you look up to all the topic I made recently, just have fun looking the tags I put in and you'll understand that language is nothing to me.

Also, color is fixed, thank you.

Edited by Misombre
Not necessary anymore