New Material Plans

Zynetic

The thing is... how do you solo?

I mean good luck killing volt opt or falz (only going on ep I for now) with techs? That takes forever.

I switch to my RAmarl. Or go hunting for stuff instead of soloing. Taking on VoltOpt by myself isn't exactly my cup of tea.

I switch to my RAmarl. Or go hunting for stuff instead of soloing. Taking on VoltOpt by myself isn't exactly my cup of tea.

Ah but thats where melee comes in :P

When you already did all the support you can you switch to melee to do damage, thats the basis of it, at least for a fonewn who usually just nukes everything in a team, in case of a fomar or fomarl is the usual.

and its usually in boss/special/solo enemies that he should melee (in my opinion)

Edited by SunnyD

I normally go -> Jellen -> Zalure -> Spam rabarta / Anti / Resta. On bosses i just suit up the Summit Moon / Sorcerer's Cane and the adequate merge after Jelln Zalure (sans the ones you can't JZ)

btw, whats the addiction to the Flowen 3084?

Edited by sheldama

Change to Glide, Zallure > jellen(in those worth doing) > change to the right weapon > kill everything > change to glide ...etc

Resta,Shiffa,Deband,Anti, Reverser when needed

Rabarta to freeze, Megid to kill, Razonde to stun, Rafoie to scare

Thats what i do ^^

Melee on a FOrce is so that once you cast your supports on everything, you can still lend a hand in killing things. It's really so that you're not just standing there doing nothing. Maybe you could use Bringer's Rifle on a stationary enemy that nobody is attacking, or use a Fanatic on a group so enemies drop faster, allowing something like a Shotgun to get other targets. (as they're limited to five, enemies at the back might not be getting hit, for example.)

It makes sense for a FOnewearl to not melee (583->683 ATP kind of hurts, sphered Vivienne can do damage, but good luck getting two hit Viviennes with 100 over every statistic), but it's a good idea to get up to 580 ATP on her, so she can equip Fanatic and Tyrell's Parasol (for support). Tyrell's allows her to SD easier, and also gives more Resta range, so it's a very good support weapon to have. She also has the highest ATA of the FOs, making her Demon's connect more often than the other FOs (note: you'll still see alot of miss with SNS, Demon's has a set activation of 50% once you connect the attack). She also has the highest MST and a 30% boost to Si techs, making those have pretty decent power, providing you get your Foie/Barta/Zonde merges and Summit.

A melee FO is generally a better addition to a team than a pure-support FO, as enemies will drop faster. Sure, it may only be 2~3 seconds, but think of how many spawns a standard quest has, and you'll realise that the time you are saving is adequate, allowing you to hunt / level faster. Only people who can't play well need a FO who just stands there spamming Resta, and I'm not going to say that people here play badly, as that would be rude. (Plus, I genuinely do not know. I'm assuming you people play well.)

But remember, there really shouldn't be such thing as a 'support' FO and 'melee' FO. The way I see it, all FOs should support, then decide what they want to do, as long as they are not nuking and causing damage cancel (yes, that means you, FOnewms. Nuking is not a good idea as it makes things slower because of damage cancel, which is caused when two attacks connect at the same time).

About 3084, I have no addiction to it. I hate the weapon personally, but there are people who like using it on their HUmars/HUnewearls, as it can still pack a punch with decent hit, but to use it well, you need to use two Adepts, taking up free slots for other things. The guide was intended to give different plans for people to use, depending on what they want to use. I didn't make multiple plans for other classes as something as simple as an equipment change or something similar can change the class completely, rather than the material plan.

• Like 2

whoever gave me and sheldama negative rep is lame..... i was just voicing my opinion. was that you zyntic?

FOnewm's should not nuke? LOL. Well they cant melee so they kinda have too. They have very strong RA magic so thats there best feature. FOnewm's and FOnewearl's have the lowest ATP of all characters. And usin def mats on either of these characters is far better than using pow mats.

Its not dizz... and fonewn has only a little less atp than fomarl (yes my pro char that kills everything with weapons)

FOnewm's should not nuke? LOL. Well they cant melee so they kinda have too. and nobody said this.

They said in some ocassion FO need to melee or they just around doing nothing.

Thats what magic is for sunny... I hit things for less than a 100 when I melee, I can't use double sabers, don't have excalibur or anything with demon. My magic does really good damage (with psycho wand and RA merges). I have unlimited magic (almost but not quite) so I don't even have to bother to melee. And for Vol Opt you should use razonde for normal to very hard and max atp. Not sure about ultimate I think Rabarta. I think my material plan is a lot better than yours zyntic. As defense is important because FO's have low defence. And saying I don't have much experience or don't know what I'm doin. Yeah I disagree I've a played a bit.

Edited by Dizzak420

100 damage that is impossible >.<

and zynetic doesnt play here so no reason to say you play more or less because we dont even know if its true

Anyway anyone only follows this material plan if they want, period.

I was just saying that i think im a ok force like that with only +70 atp than fonewn.

(whoever keeps -REP zynectic, Dizz, and Sheldama really needs to stop)

I don't think I've ever given reputation on these forums, and if I have, it was definitely positive. I'm not such a negative guy. :v

And have you even read my posts? Their nuking power is weak compared to the damage of HUs/RAs, while their nuking will cause damage cancel as the damage they do is muuuch lower. I never said they shouldn't nuke as you are right -- they are very strong; in a solo environment where damage cancel cannot occur. They can nuke multimode fine when on their own, as their damage cannot be cancelled, but it still stands that a HU/RA with supports will always do more damage than a FO.

This is why you use melee, you can do much, much more damage on a single enemy, avoiding damage cancel as much as possible while still assissting your party past SDJZRA. Sure, FOnewm does have the strongest RA techniques in the game, but these do not compared to HU/RAs, as they would be weaker than their attacks and cause damage cancel.

As a random note, it takes 5DFP~5.56DFP to negate one point of damage from an enemy, while it takes 5 ATP for one point of damage with a normal attack, 3 ATP with a hard attack and 2 ATP with a sacrifical attack (1 ATP with Vjaya Charge, but FOnewm cannot equip this). See'ing how Shifta increases base ATP by 47.7%, FOnewm would have 2,271~2,321 ATP with an Excalibur, and this is not counting any area percents you have applied, which would increase it to 3,196~3,296 on a single enemy. If you hit on this thing, even better, as you're able to use berserk much more often. And Zalure decreases defense by 47.7%, which would allow FOnewm to do even more damage on enemies using his Excalibur, Girasole, Mechguns or Braveman.

Sure, he has the second lowest ATP in game, but does this mean he cannot melee? Fuck no. Even a FOnewearl can melee with sphered Viviennes, albeit with less power.

Also, for Vol Opt, he takes damage from your ATP, and the tech you uses does not matter, but if that technique can hit screens directly, you will do more damage with it. Gizonde is the best for this as it hits four screens and is extremely fast (can stunlock him with 801) -- I have a guide on this, I'd read it.

PS: I've played PSO for approximately a year now.

PSS: If you wish to continue this, please PM me.

Edited by Zynetic
  • Like 3

I have seen my share of pso v2 melee forces, requires some specific equips, a good gameplay and if done well, it can be an excelent addition to the techs (in some cases, maybe even necessary), now on GC, things have evolved, many players did actually made the effort to write guides and stuff on how a melee force should be done and the results are actually quite good.

On BB things are taken to the extreme, the equips avaiable help forces alot, so if they were good on gc (regarding melee) then in BB they are even better.

Zynetic did point out a few good things.

I want to point out that forces die alot in bosses due to non elemental attacks, raising defense may help them receive less damage from normal enemies, Evp raising might be better then dfp, this way there are more chances that you will not receive any damage (however, i believe the armors and shields in bb are enough for this effect), this should be complemented with a heavy understanding of enemies behavior, because honestly you can avoid damage everytime, regarding bosses, i doubt dfp will make a difference, if the boss doesn't 1 hit kill you then resta is going to be used no matter the dfp, if the atack does a fixed damage, then dfp is indeed worthless, falz is a nice example since he doesn't use atp in any of his attacks (yes, deband is a waste of tp)

Even if you raise dfp, you will still need to cast resta to survive and even if you don't raise dfp at all, then you will also cast resta

DFP raising is almost worthless

EVP raising is a bit better, but also nearly worthless since you can avoid using this stat (stat is only usefull when a enemy tries to attack)

ATP, always usefull with a weapon

Just my 2 cents

Edited by K_I_R_E_E_K
  • Like 1

i think im gonna follow this fomarl plan on my new fomarl (yes im making another one, hopefully better than the actual one) but probably im gonna use a RR almost all the time and add an adept. I already use a tyrell parasol for support of resta so a merge isnt needed for the momment (with the natural boost and all).

All i can say is thanks again Zynetic, you are making my calculations alot easier >P

Ah yes, as a little fact:

300% Resta Range is not the maximum you can go, though the animation does seem otherwise.

You can, in fact, have an infinite amount of Resta range (As far as boosts would allow you), your party members will still get healed, the animation will just not reach out to them.