End of HH crash bug

After this has happened a few times, I think I finally figured it out. If you try to warp down to a dungeon while the "HH has ended" banner is currently scrolling, the game client will crash during the loading screen. Hopefully this is enough information to be able to figure out the cause, Soly. Good luck and thanks.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Soly said:

I'll check it out.
That would be weird since the banner does nothing more than just go across the screen.

If it was a problem with the banners, then it would happen with every banner.

Well, it may not be the banner exactly but more to do with moving from city to dungeon around the same time that the rare item drop rate changes.

How many things (server side) does HH change? Is it possible to give the client conflicting information due to the change, or it it all sent at once?

HH just changes a variable that the server uses to increase the change when you are going to get a rare, if you haven't even killed a monster, that variable isn't even used.

The rates don't change with HH, what changes is the value used in the calculation of the [rate vs random].

Hmm maybe it's attempting to display the banner despite not being in a place that can?

@Midori

Do you know if it happens when the banner starts, or is it any time during it?

Just now, Lemon said:

Hmm maybe it's attempting to display the banner despite not being in a place that can?

@Midori

Do you know if it happens when the banner starts, or is it any time during it?

The banner is in the process of scrolling when I try to warp from city to dungeon and then it crashes the client during the loading screen. By the way, this happens on all 6 clients at the same time too.

Normally when I'm soloing with 6 accounts at once, every once in a while 1 client will have a random crash. But this particular crash will happen on all 6 clients at the exact same time.

It just happened again. This time, to try to avoid the crash, I waited in town for the end of HH banner to completely disappear before warping to the dungeon, but it crashed all 6 clients at the same time.

On 8/6/2016 at 7:20 PM, Soly said:

I have never experienced this and not many people are getting that error.
On the next HH that you catch, try to log off all those clients but 1 or 2 and see if it boots you.

I did what you asked and this time I closed 5 of the clients a couple minutes before HH ended. Then with only 1 client, I waited in town for the end of HH banner to start scrolling before I tried to warp down to the dungeon. It crashed in the loading screen just like it always does.

I was doing Very Hard Ep 4 Max Attack A quest.

1 hour ago, Soly said:

Hmm... no idea, I tried it myself and it worked fine
I don't know what's the deal with you, I assume it hasn't always been the same quest, has it?

Yeah. It's been the same quest. For the last 5 or so HHs I've done, I've been farming Glide Divines from Max Attack A. Maybe the crash bug has to do with that quest? I think I have enough Glides for now, so maybe next HH I will try a different quest and see how it goes.