I Can't Get On

So, after getting a huge set of updates, all the text on the title screen is in Japanese. Even worse, every time I try to actually play the game, it keeps trying to load something before booting me back out. Nothing I've done to solve either of these problems has worked. What can I do?

(Also, what's the default text font again? I screwed that up trying to fix the Japanese text.)

For the font, select "System" or select the first entry that is empty.

As for not being able to get in, run the launcher as admin, ensure that your antivirus is not blocking the launcher or the game.

I hadn't realized the launcher was a separate file. Unfortunately, when I tried to run it, a window popped up and denied me access because some file called d3d9.dll couldn't be renamed or some crap like that. It did say to remove the file if the problem continued...except my laptop won't let me remove it for whatever reason. *sigh* I just wanna play the damn game...

6 hours ago, Ise no Kami said:

I hadn't realized the launcher was a separate file. Unfortunately, when I tried to run it, a window popped up and denied me access because some file called d3d9.dll couldn't be renamed or some crap like that. It did say to remove the file if the problem continued...except my laptop won't let me remove it for whatever reason. *sigh* I just wanna play the damn game...

I'd recommend to restart your computer before attempting to delete the file.

Do you have ENB installed for the game?
If so, the launcher will rename the dll to be able to start up, then rename it back to let the game use it.
Failing to do this will make the launcher not work.

Edited by Soly
3 hours ago, Soly said:

I'd recommend to restart your computer before attempting to delete the file.

Do you have ENB installed for the game?
If so, the launcher will rename the dll to be able to start up, then rename it back to let the game use it.
Failing to do this will make the launcher not work.

What's ENB?

(Yes, I asked twice. I forgot to quote you last time. Sorry.)

1 minute ago, Soly said:

I was actually asking if you had it, because of the existence of d3d9.dll in the game folder.

Odd thing is, I don't think that file's IN the game folder. My file manager search found four copies of d3d9.dll, none of which I could alter, but none of them appear to be in the PSOBB folder.

You should only have to delete/rename d3d9.dll if it is in the game folder, leave all the others alone.

But now I'm confused.
Why would the launcher give you the warning about d3d9.dll if its not in the game folder.
Where is the launcher located then?

That's odd... I type in the launcher in the search bar, and the result I get asks me to delete d3d9.dll. I go fishing through the game folder for the launcher and the launcher I find that way works. I'm glad I got it working, but... What?