game wont run since recent patch

as topic says, since the item texture patch whateverness last night, no extensions will run, i.e. psobb.exe, online.exe etc. game crashes before the sonic team logo on all of them. i was fine not bein able to use the new launcher but...

i uninstantiated psobb and for some reason task manager crashed couldn't use some programs just after a full reinstalled but i thought maybe it was shitty connection due to the fact i was in my room installed linux and wateing for someone to help me get psobb on this i can switch to windows and see if i have the same problem you are with the new patch but i stil downloading games atm

My problem at first was my Norton Antivirus. It would erase any file I would try to download on the new patch. Finally figured it out. If virus protection deletes it you have to restore it/Allow it. Can't use the psobb.exe or online exe. no more Must use the the Launcher Icon exe. Right click on it run as admin.

no i dont use anything custom. just the basics. let me try that file one sec

edit: i alrdy have that file, downloaded it this morning and ever since is when the crashing started, nothing wrong with the patching but since downloading all extensions crash before the sonic team logo, also all extensions are added on the DEP list so no trouble there, and idk why launcher doesnt work it just never has, never been an issue though i just use online.exe to play usually

Edited by drdingus

If you are on windows XP the launcher will simply not run.

If the game is crashing, then the DLL is being blocked or not being used.

I'm working on it, will get back to you soon.

Edited by Soly

launcher im not worried about at all. as for blocking anything ehhh, my firewalls off, all pso files are on DEP list, i havent changed any settings or anything in like two years, game ran fine all day yesterday, woke up patch downloaded fine, and now everything just crashes

edit: thx to both of you sorry my computer is always causing compatibility issues D:

Edited by drdingus

haha yeh man you know me and my shitty windows xp :P k lemme try it one sec

it worked wooooo! youre a fucking wizard man <3 now just gotta get my setting back haha. ty so much!

edit: errr wait a minute

double edit: seems to be working XD thanks a ton man!

Edited by drdingus
  • Like 1

Lol alright... but I'm worried about why it didn't work.. I mean with the DLL it should have patched everything just right.

Oh well.. that will get you rolling without item or texture issues...

• Like 1