Best combinations of Section IDs.

Hello all, hope this post finds you feeling well and happy.

I was just wonder what the best combinations of section IDs for my characters would be.

Currently I have Skyly because I remembered that was the best hunter ID. I am going to make a 1 force characters, 1 ranger and possible another hunter(my current one is a HuMar because it was easier to farm with, but I know casts have more potential).

So, what other IDs should I make?

First post on the forums, hopefully will be replying and posting in the future. Have an awesome life my friends~!

Honestly, having all id's would be useful. But, most people prefer white because of RR in ep 1, and wedding dress and psycho wand in ep 2.

• Like 1

The ID that is best is literally the ID that YOU PERSONALLY want to use to hunt with.

If you're referring to which IDs are the best for hunting gear for that specific character, I can make some recommendations:

Hunter: Skyly, maybe Oran

Skyly is always nice because it has a chance of dropping the illusive Sealed J Sword. Oran isn't too bad, but overall I would say Skyly is better. (Personally I made my Oran Hunter a HUmar who I play far less often that my Skyly HUcast).

Ranger: Purplenum, Whitill, or Greenill

Purplenum is an awesome ID to have for a Ranger. As Midori said, Purplenum gets the most event drops out of all of the IDs. It also lets you snag Frozen Shooter really easily from Hildetorrs in F2 (1/2 drop rate) as well as hunt Spread Needle (Merlan 1/900) and Bringer's Arm (1/358) from Ruins. You can also use Purple to hunt Psycho Wand from Mil Lillies in Caves. Greenill has most of the same drops as Purple, but it's nice to have Greenill to hunt materials for your various characters. Whitill is overall a good ID, and as Mud said it is by far the easier ID to hunt Red Rings with.

Force: Whitill or Pinkal

Again, Whitill is just a good ID to have. It gets overal nice drops and is the easiest ID to hunt Red Ring with. Pinkal is not an amazing ID, but it does supposedly increase the rate of technique drops, which you probably want for a Force. It also let's you hunt MG+, an awesome Armor piece to have since it boosts the power of Grants from Dorphon in Ep 4.

Overall: Purplenum and Whitill

Hope that helps you out a little bit.

I would say decide what you want to hunt for before creating another character, then decide what class would do the best job of completing that hunt. In general, hunters are good at ep1, rangers are good at ep2 and forces are good at ep4. Of course all classes can handle all areas in the game with the proper gear and experience.

It may also be a good idea to look ahead at what events are coming up and prepare a class to hunt for an upcoming event item, because they're worth quite a bit and you can only get them once a year.

For me, the best FOrce ID is Oran hands down, purplenum is pretty nice too (especially if you want to hunt psycho wand). A lot of people mention pinkal, but the only good drops are wedding dress (which a FO would stuggle to find solo) and Mother Garb+ which is honestly a bit overrated.

For hunter, Whitill is always nice and I've enjoyed Bluefull.

For ranger, whitill, purplenum, and yellowboze.

Don't forgot about greenill. It's good for hunting materials which will make your characters much stronger. Greenill is fine for any class, but I would say it's better on Forces and Rangers.

Edited by tru
  • Like 1