That was an unfortunate issue of miscommunication, but sometimes players need to put forth a bit of extra effort in communicating. Although his command of english may not be stellar, he had responded enough to seem to have at least some limited understanding, and did not speak about wanting to get a post at all (could have done so in his native language, there are many multilingual people on the server). Players do have to make at least some effort to understand each other; even if they don't find themselves in a room with multilingual players things like google translate can facilitate in some communication. Even if a player can't understand everyone so easily, if a player is in a room hunting a drop that many people probably want that they also want, then they should speak up in some way about it; ignorance cannot be such an easy excuse as to absolve all responsibility of at least making an effort (as misnombre rightly points out, players should try to listen to each other and talk with each other). A decision was made and that matter is closed.

@Aegid No one should be offended. Talking and explaining things is just what it is : basic communication. There is no feeling in it, or at least there should not be any ^^

And communication is the key.

However, what people tend to forget, is that communication doesn't mean imposing your word and trying to be right no matter what.

Like I already said, it's also and mainly about listening to what others are saying. If each are talking but none listening, it's a "dialogue of deafs". And there miscommunication becomes separated monologues.

In this situation, you could as well make a new .txt file, write what you want to say and throw it in the recycle bin right away.

Edited by Misombre

That was an unfortunate issue of miscommunication, but sometimes players need to put forth a bit of extra effort in communicating. Although his command of english may not be stellar, he had responded enough to seem to have at least some limited understanding, and did not speak about wanting to get a post at all (could have done so in his native language, there are many multilingual people on the server). Players do have to make at least some effort to understand each other; even if they don't find themselves in a room with multilingual players things like google translate can facilitate in some communication. Even if a player can't understand everyone so easily, if a player is in a room hunting a drop that many people probably want that they also want, then they should speak up in some way about it; ignorance cannot be such an easy excuse as to absolve all responsibility of at least making an effort (as misnombre rightly points out, players should try to listen to each other and talk with each other). A decision was made and that matter is closed.

I understand the wish of burying such a complicated issue, but as stated before, the item was not "called dibs" at the start of the quest like Cyane stated should be, and Karlito never accepted to said imposing rules, which Cyane also mentioned, As for not particularly wanting the item, who would not want a POST, even if you don't want it you can sell it to get something else.

Also, having a bit of understanding of the main language regarding this issue puts Karlito in a heave dis vantage, as he cannot fend himself, especially in the communication issue.

Again, the only thing I have doubts about is, why not let Karlito keep the item and give it to the other guy if he so much wants it? Why favor a side in such manner, especially after rulewise, he was wrong.

The "stolen" post is kinda different from this... post is gryphon which takes almost no time for CCA... is an easy run but RT in the boss... now that's something.

As Aegis said, those decisions are really uncomfortable but there is no way to make both parties happy.

In the end, this problem will never be resolved unless everyone has their own drop.

Close this thread lol, points have been made clear by everyone and me making that stolen post thing is the reason for all this drama i assume.

It isn't drama though, nobody is fighting here, we are nicely stating our opinions on the matter. Forums are to have discussions.

Even if the new drop system doesn't solve the problem of the game favoring solo over multiplayer, it be very nice to have this particular problem solved. So at least when you do decide to play with others, you don't have to worry about calling dibs or competing with your allies over the items.

Even if the new drop system doesn't solve the problem of the game favoring solo over multiplayer, it be very nice to have this particular problem solved. So at least when you do decide to play with others, you don't have to worry about calling dibs or competing with your allies over the items.

It really won't. Using that system doesn't encourage people to actually try to communicate with each other, which is what the problem is here, and it will actually just introduce entirely new issues with people being forced to steal banners for the people they are helping if they choose to use that system, among a number of other things. All of the most rewarding hunts in the game practically require people to play in groups and communicate; the game does everything it can possible to favor multiplayer over solo as is, and if someone still believes that solo is better for them despite all that, then there is nothing that can be done that will ever convince them to play with others. Drops per player isn't going to be some magical solution that solves everything, it doesn't automatically make it favorable to play with others or encourage communication (sometimes the opposite in fact), especially so if the game is not designed with that in mind in first place. People will need to try to communicate with each other regardless of any of that.

I understand the wish of burying such a complicated issue, but as stated before, the item was not "called dibs" at the start of the quest like Cyane stated should be, and Karlito never accepted to said imposing rules, which Cyane also mentioned, As for not particularly wanting the item, who would not want a POST, even if you don't want it you can sell it to get something else.

Also, having a bit of understanding of the main language regarding this issue puts Karlito in a heave dis vantage, as he cannot fend himself, especially in the communication issue.

Again, the only thing I have doubts about is, why not let Karlito keep the item and give it to the other guy if he so much wants it? Why favor a side in such manner, especially after rulewise, he was wrong.

As I said before, "if other players want a chance at it they should speak up. If nobody speaks up about it, they can be assumed to be ok with it", it was done at or near the beginning (cca is very short), and they did not make any effort to say anything about wanting a post, while responding to things in chat, including at the time in question. Even if they don't understand things well, they can assume other people want the drop, and say something preemptively in their native language that they are looking for the drop, and then things can at least proceed from there. There is no excuse that can be made to absolve one of at least making an effort; this is not up for discussion.

As simpele said, I don't see any more coming out of this thread and the points have all been made, so I'm going to go ahead and lock it.