Witchcrafts and Voodoo Magics [Ideas and Projects and stuff]

Voodoo Kitty

nice : ) this game is OLD and we cant deny that fact but there is a nice mix of young and old players here some who just found the game and others that are grade A veterans(shout out to dream cast posse) and people like yourself kitty coming up with new ideas that could actually work will only make this game carry on being viable into the future , simple things like new quests, items ,skins or even new episodes (probably hardest thing to implement) can only make ultima a better place so keep on theory crafting and I hope to see some of your work make it to the actual server : )

• Like 1

nice : ) this game is OLD and we cant deny that fact but there is a nice mix of young and old players here some who just found the game and others that are grade A veterans(shout out to dream cast posse) and people like yourself kitty coming up with new ideas that could actually work will only make this game carry on being viable into the future , simple things like new quests, items ,skins or even new episodes (probably hardest thing to implement) can only make ultima a better place so keep on theory crafting and I hope to see some of your work make it to the actual server : )

I appreciate it, I do miss dreamcast. This game is old, but it aged well tbh, i still enjoy it.

But i dont plan or want for any of my ideas to be implemented to Ultima, i just put them here to show what im working on.

I will probably end up putting them into my own server.

Edit: Also, you are entirely right about it being the hardest to do, the new episode anyway.

a new game mode imagine would prove VERY difficult

Edited by Voodoo Kitty

The New Classes and Weapon TypesĀ©

I had a new idea for a class, which for now im calling Protranzer, because thats what its inspired by.

Protranzer is a class from PSU rather than PSO, and they excel with traps and guns, The class will be Android only, use all traps, including any that i myself can create, they will be able to use the new weapon types, Axes (yes they exist already, but they arent really a type, there are like 8.), Submech Guns (singular Mechgun, 3 shots), Rifles and Pole-arms (halberds and Double sabers) as well as Launchers. They will have Unique Class only armour and slots as well as other things, the class will be unlockable, rather than something you can choose right off the bat. HuCast, RaCast and HuCaseal, RaCaseal are the androids, all of which will have new names from that point onward, Maybe they will have other changes also if possible.

Protranzers will have High Luck and Defence, but very low EvP and AtA (balanced, of course, but they will be harder to play than other classes, hopefully without too big a learning curve.)

Heres the Info Secs i have been working on all day, watermarked for protection.

mLjOU7R.png

New Weapon Types I plan to incorporate are :

Katanas (non rares and more rares)

Axes (non rares and more rares)

*Submech (non rares and rares)

Double Sabers (non rares and more rares)

Launchers (non rares and more rares)

Claws (non rare and more rares)

Fists (non rare and more rares)

Cannons (non rare and more rares)

*Grenades (probably not possible, but recons have them, so maybe)

I will add more weapon types, mostly for the sake of variety, not for the sake of use, even if they are just aesthetic, i want there to be more choice.

* = my original idea. if ultima wishes to add anything similar, i request they have a different name, functionality is not an issue. I have coined the term, leave it at that. Ty.

Just wondering, will you be making evp to be a relevant factor in the gaem...?

would be nice >//>

Just wondering, will you be making evp to be a relevant factor in the gaem...?

would be nice >//>

i plan to try.

found out its actually easy to make people THINK there is a new class, but very very veeeeery hard to add an literal new one.

The things i could easily do is add a new difficulty, a rebirth system, new mode and moar quests and moar items.

I also intend to tweak pretty much everything, the idea is to have lots and lots of items, good and bad, so the best of the best dont all look the same.

Events are easy to set up too.

as for the new episode, after a chat with sodaboy, that really really doesnt seem like its gonna be easy. I plan to give it a go though

Regarding, d-cellular infection, almost everything in the game already is infected (not "most things have YET to be infected"). Anything that isn't native is infected, and even some native enemies are starting to get infected; in the sub desert you find some of the same enemies as on the surface but they are stronger than they were before because they are starting to be exposed to d-cells, but haven't had severe mutations yet, so many of the native enemies may be in this early stage of infection, possibly explaining why they have suddenly become aggressive (story claims boomas were non-aggressive before).
A.beast even means altered beast, infected by the d-cells already, either by the escaped bio-project which grew into de rol le which infected everything in the caves, the experimenters on gal da val island injecting stuff directly into the subjects, or the meteor impact spreading d-cells.
The machines are all infected too, which is why you have to fight vol opt in the first place (and why all the machines are hostile; how the d-cells are able to infect vol opt and possibly other machines is never explained). Technically all 3 of the ai computers get infected, but you manage to save a backup of Calus in the one player quests.
The dark enemies are the more advanced mutations from large exposure (the dimenians are more mutated versions of the cave sharks, belras are decrepit hildetorrs, deldepths are slimes, delbiters are dorphons, del lilys are...... etc.). Despite some dark enemies being clearly derived from certain other enemies, it is obvious that the d-cells can so heavily mutate an entity as to be unrecognizable from its former self, since Heathcliff Flowen was at least 50x smaller before they allowed the d-cells to take over his body completely (and inserted the ai core 'olga' in an attempt to control him); after its harsh landing in the disposal pit Olga Flow is also able to regenerate/grow both of its legs entirely back in mere seconds, which in itself is a pretty amazing feat for the d-cells to accomplish.

tl;dr
Anything that isn't a native is for sure infected, and many(possibly all) native things may be in early stage of infection.

• Like 1

Regarding, d-cellular infection, almost everything in the game already is infected (not "most things have YET to be infected"). Anything that isn't native is infected, and even some native enemies are starting to get infected; in the sub desert you find some of the same enemies as on the surface but they are stronger than they were before because they are starting to be exposed to d-cells, but haven't had severe mutations yet, so many of the native enemies may be in this early stage of infection, possibly explaining why they have suddenly become aggressive (story claims boomas were non-aggressive before).

A.beast even means altered beast, infected by the d-cells already, either by the escaped bio-project which grew into de rol le which infected everything in the caves, the experimenters on gal da val island injecting stuff directly into the subjects, or the meteor impact spreading d-cells.

The machines are all infected too, which is why you have to fight vol opt in the first place (and why all the machines are hostile; how the d-cells are able to infect vol opt and possibly other machines is never explained). Technically all 3 of the ai computers get infected, but you manage to save a backup of Calus in the one player quests.

The dark enemies are the more advanced mutations from large exposure (the dimenians are more mutated versions of the cave sharks, belras are decrepit hildetorrs, deldepths are slimes, delbiters are dorphons, del lilys are...... etc.). Despite some dark enemies being clearly derived from certain other enemies, it is obvious that the d-cells can so heavily mutate an entity as to be unrecognizable from its former self, since Heathcliff Flowen was at least 50x smaller before they allowed the d-cells to take over his body completely (and inserted the ai core 'olga' in an attempt to control him); after its harsh landing in the disposal pit Olga Flow is also able to regenerate/grow both of its legs entirely back in mere seconds, which in itself is a pretty amazing feat for the d-cells to accomplish.

tl;dr

Anything that isn't a native is for sure infected, and many(possibly all) native things may be in early stage of infection.

Ty, i will need to do a little rephrasing then.

What i was getting at is more Del Enemies tbh, like, just to have a mode where everything is Del is a pretty neat idea

Also, added more stuff.

And ontop of that, Coral sort of shows that the virus could infect artificial life as well as biological. So yeh. I dunno.

Wish I knew a way to help or ideas n_n

Add me on skype or something if you can have it, im happy to brainstorm with anyone.

That and when it (IF, and pretty big IF) opens on Christmas, i could do with people willing to help me test stuffs, functionality tweaks n stuff like that.