B> Force Stuff

Midori

I will give you photon drops for the following items. You can post here or PM me.

Samurai Armor

Gifoie Merge

Rafoie Merge

Gibarta Merge

Deband Merge

Amp of Gibarta

Amp of Deband

Red Barrier

Blue Barrier

No0b/HP

Centurion/Mind x2

TP Materials

Anti 7

All level 30 techs (except Resta & Jellen)

Edited by Midori

Why is it so hard to find someone with Ignition Cloak?

That is because it only has 2 drops in the game, whitill vhard and ult pyro gorans 1/1662, and there are no pyro gorans in PoD. It's not exactly something you will find in the most popular ep 4 runs, and also it's pretty worthless since it only boosts foie/gifoie/rafoie by 10% which is not enough to do anything really.

That is because it only has 2 drops in the game, whitill vhard and ult pyro gorans 1/1662, and there are no pyro gorans in PoD. It's not exactly something you will find in the most popular ep 4 runs, and also it's pretty worthless since it only boosts foie/gifoie/rafoie by 10% which is not enough to do anything really.

I thought it only boosted foie 10%. Are you sure it boosts gifoie and rafoie too?

*edit*

It's a 1/515 drop rate according to the official drop list.

Edited by Midori

yes the three cloaks(ignition/congeal/tempest) boost all the respective element techs 10%, I've used it for testing out gifoie maxing before. That drop is also the the drop without the Drop Anything Rate (DAR) factored in, so that doesn't count the fact that pyro goran's only drop an item <1/3rd of the time.
If you want to see numbers that aren't completely worthless, use this link for drops instead; it has the dar factored in and no event active (though some minor tweaks have happened since, notably nei's claw made easier and addition of anti-dark ring): http://www.phantasystaronline.net/test/newsite/droptable.php

yes the three cloaks(ignition/congeal/tempest) boost all the respective element techs 10%, I've used it for testing out gifoie maxing before. That drop is also the the drop without the Drop Anything Rate (DAR) factored in, so that doesn't count the fact that pyro goran's only drop an item <1/3rd of the time.

If you want to see numbers that aren't completely worthless, use this link for drops instead; it has the dar factored in and no event active (though some minor tweaks have happened since, notably nei's claw made easier and addition of anti-dark ring): http://www.phantasystaronline.net/test/newsite/droptable.php

Thanks for the link and also thanks for telling me the cloaks boost gi and ra techs too. Now I want Ignition Cloak even more than I did before.

Thanks for the link and also thanks for telling me the cloaks boost gi and ra techs too. Now I want Ignition Cloak even more than I did before.

10% boost is not enough to change how many foie/gifoie/rafoie it will take to kill a particular monster (same with the other cloaks, 10% is just too weak). I really think they should consider buffing them because of how worthless they are.

If you are going to spam spells, more often it's a lot more useful to wear a Mother Garb+ and reduce the tp cost of your spells by -50%, kill them just as fast with half the tp used, while also getting a random grants boost sometimes(which actually can make the difference between 3 or 4 shotting mobs if it decides to work).

• Like 2

10% boost is not enough to change how many foie/gifoie/rafoie it will take to kill a particular monster (same with the other cloaks, 10% is just too weak). I really think they should consider buffing them because of how worthless they are.

If you are going to spam spells, more often it's a lot more useful to wear a Mother Garb+ and reduce the tp cost of your spells by -50%, kill them just as fast with half the tp used, while also getting a random grants boost sometimes(which actually can make the difference between 3 or 4 shotting mobs if it decides to work).

I never said I would use Ignition Cloak 100% of the time. I would only use it when it make sense, like if I was doing the Rappy route on Black Paper and needed more gifoie power or if I needed the fire resist for Epsilon, etc.

I'm farming Psycho Wands right now and I switched out my MG+ for Tempest Cloak, now that I know it boosts razonde. It's a bit faster this way.

I never said I would use Ignition Cloak 100% of the time. I would only use it when it make sense, like if I was doing the Rappy route on Black Paper and needed more gifoie power or if I needed the fire resist for Epsilon, etc.

I'm farming Psycho Wands right now and I switched out my MG+ for Tempest Cloak, now that I know it boosts razonde. It's a bit faster this way.

You and them psycho wands, just can't get enough huh? Good luck on finding more!

Edit: Lol there it is.

n4h83k.jpg

Edited by Fyrewolf5

You and them psycho wands, just can't get enough huh? Good luck on finding more!

Edit: Lol there it is.

n4h83k.jpg

I'm the mysterious hunter without a name. How weird is it that a Japanese game like PSO doesn't support Japanese text? Did people working on the Ultima server specifically disable Japanese text support or is Sega themselves to blame? I never played the official English version of Blue Burst so I don't know if that client supported Japanese text or not.

• Like 1

Let me explain,

Our ship doesn't support Unicode (2 byte characters) yet, your name is in JP (2 byte characters), it will make 0's the second byte of each character.

So lets say as an example your name in binary is 33 34 35 36 37 38 (3 character, 2 bytes each)

Of the stuff explained above it will be 33 00 35 00 37 00 (3 characters still 2 bytes but second byte "deleted")

And then your name won't match, depending on the original characters you will see random stuff like !@#$%^&*( or just non-printable-characters which as it says wont appear on the screen/banner/text

PSO by default supports Unicode, it's a jp game, but remember we are not using the original server as it's most likely lost forever, updating all the text functions and the program itself for Unicode is quite a big task that is already done by the original developer, so we are just waiting on the release of the new version of the server :)

If now you are confused of how you can have the name but the banners don't work with jp, is because the ship doesn't do anything with your name, only with the banners.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

Let me explain,

Our ship doesn't support Unicode (2 byte characters) yet, your name is in JP (2 byte characters), it will make 0's the second byte of each character.

So lets say as an example your name in binary is 33 34 35 36 37 38 (3 character, 2 bytes each)

Of the stuff explained above it will be 33 00 35 00 37 00 (3 characters still 2 bytes but second byte "deleted")

And then your name won't match, depending on the original characters you will see random stuff like !@#$%^&*( or just non-printable-characters which as it says wont appear on the screen/banner/text

PSO by default supports Unicode, it's a jp game, but remember we are not using the original server as it's most likely lost forever, updating all the text functions and the program itself for Unicode is quite a big task that is already done by the original developer, so we are just waiting on the release of the new version of the server :)

If now you are confused of how you can have the name but the banners don't work with jp, is because the ship doesn't do anything with your name, only with the banners.

Thanks for explaining it. There are plans to support it in the future, so that means we will be able to have regular conversations using Japanese text? That would be nice for players like me and also people who only speak Japanese. Maybe there would be a small Japanese community on the game like there currently is with the Spanish players.