HELP WITH RACAST :)

victoria.welsh

Hello all, i am so used to playing with my Foney and i am looking to level my Racast.

Any sort of tips and what equips and mats i should use would be very much appreciated :)

I have asked a few times but struggled to retain the information so I'm guessing if i do it on here i can always come back and read it haha :)

• Like 2

Mats would depend on what mag and equips you will use on it, if its a mostly power mag/units then you won't need as many power mats and could add other mats. Using freeze/confuse traps help a lot if you can get into that. And equips, do you want end game ones? The equips that in my opinion are the best to have would be guld milla, charge/demon yas 9000, Arrest Needle, zalure shot or needle, master raven for blowing up traps fast and a frozen shooter

Edit: Anything hell is good to have as well

Edited by King Ra
  • Like 1

i always look up max stat guides before using any mats. it easy to get a new mag, its not so easy to undue your one extra mat you didn't mean to use haha.

Racast is already pretty op as far as already op rangers go so i wouldn't worry too much. with the right gear you'll be set :3

• Like 1

As far as weapons, you'll definitely want to look for some nice variety. The big thing you want to look for is hit on your weapons. Although the RAcast is the strongest of the rangers, his ATA is not. Things that boost up your ATA will help out a lot in the long run.

For multi-shot weapons, your best bets are something like Spread Needle (use POST to make arrest for that nice paralysis special) or Dark Meteor (although DM is VERY expensive, especially if you want good stats). You'll likely have the hardest time finding a good shot compared to other weapons.

You'll want a nice mechgun for single target damage. Charge Vulcans are great for this. Easier to find than most rares and powerful. Down the line look for something like Type MEs, Yas 9k (higher range than the standard mechs), or Psycho Ravens.

Frozen Shooter is a must for easy freezes. Casts have traps but sometimes the limit of them you can place becomes a problem. Always good to have this as a backup for a definite freeze every hit.

You'll want a hell laser or some other rifle, that has the one hit kill special (great for episode 2). Hell lasers can be hunted from Restless Lion on Ultimate (that's how I found mine).

You'll probably want some sort of melee weapon as well, just in case (those damn lizards in ep 4). Up to you what you want, but you won't likely be using this kind of weapon much as a ranger.

• Like 1

For plans you can check this thread http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21971-official-max-stats-plan-thread/page-1

Weapons maybe Iron faust, arrest needle(spread needle), bringers riffle, diska of bravement and yaz series, 7000k hell or asteron striker, yazminkov 9000m demons or charge and psycho ravens. It all will depend on your play style in the end

• Like 1

Once you will be high level,materialed and with the right mag and have your atp maxed/almost maxed, if you can't get a dm you can go for a baranz launcher 50 hit and/or charge arms 50 hit, they're pretty cheap and will do the work till you don't get a dm/iron faust, they're also situationally better than dm, to use them be sure the monsters are frozen, it will lower their evp and you will not have problems hitting them, also you need a good melee weapon for lizard in desert (they can be really annoying without it) as cheap options you can use an ultima reaper without hit with normal/hard attacks or a charge partisan 50 hit, the best are ultima reaper with hit for hell or excalibur with high hit though. Then you will need zalure weapons (shot/rifle) , arrest weapons (spred needle or arrest needle), hell weapons (rifle 50 hit is relatively easy to get and does his work very well with a v502, hell needle or type sh/shot etc), demon weapons (ya9k demon is the best, but to start you can get a bringers rifle 50 hit) charge yas9k/psycho raven/heaven striker for massive single target damage (50hit charge mechguns are very cheap and good for starting) also heaven striker you will be the weapon you use when you want to clean something fast or to shoot traps, frozen shooter with some hit to freeze stuff.
Remember that your traps expecially freeze ones are your best friend. Abuse as them as much as you can . _.b

• Like 2

welcome to the master class. :onion-head72:

...until you can get your hands on a dm, I'll advise you to get an Iron Faust as soon as possible. It's pretty strong and it will help you alot in the upcoming events. Like DM's special, IF does have infinite vertical reach allowing you to even hit bosses in air. Besides it's super accurate, it won't even need hit. The special (unreduced havok) is situational but can be useful sometimes especially if your soloing. IF was my first good weapon here and it helped me alot.

something else that didn't get mentioned yet is twin blaze. It casts low lvl gifoie and it has so many uses (stopping delibters, Zus, setting up traps etc.) that every cast should have one. It's really easy to get since it's a bpd reward.

that is all. spam traps. :onion-head68:

• Like 2

Ive read through all this advice and the only thing I can add is that a gratia shield will help till you get a red ring , it boosts ata by 30 when using a yas weapon I.e 2k 3k 7k and 9k and it has great resistances one of the best sets in the game , it can be obtained through bpd 2 on very hard although luck is required as to how many times you have to try it though ,I got mine 1st time but have tried loads since and nothing. It's a good shield and android only so there's my little bit of advice

• Like 1

Iron Fist is a VERY good weapon for RAcast. Good stats and hit can up the value but never as high a a basic DM with 50hit

. I also have an Iron Faust with 10 hit if you're interested.

• Like 1