Friends can't join my games

Nikothraa

I'm getting an issue where friends or even random people cannot join any game I am in. I can join just fine, but if a friend is disconnected, booted to the lobby, or exits, I have to exit as well or they can't join the game again.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, but the issue persists. What else can I try that might fix the issue?

I have a cable internet connection. The issue happens regardless of the age of the room I create and it's only happened within the past three days.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it happens if I join a room created by someone else. Like, if my friend creates a room and i join, no one else can join that game because I am now in it. They either get stuck with an aerial view of Pioneer 2 for a infinite amount of time, or booted back to the lobby.

Edited by Nikothraa

The only times I've disconnected are when I've left my machine idle for too long and the auto-disconnect settings well...disconnect me.

My internet speed results from speedtest.net are: 17.89 Mb/s download speed and 1/94 Mb/s upload speed.

As for the buggy item, I don't even know how I would be able to determine if i have one. I know i've received several items from other players and they're in my common bank, but the items I have on my level 16 RAcast are all things I've bought or picked up, and the mag I've got is his original from his creation.

This sounds sort of like a desync issue. A good thing to do is to regularly change blocks in the lobby to resync you to the server by going to the counter and picking transport>change blocks or change ship (even though there's only 1 ship and block it'll resync you when you do it). Only happened in the past 3 days you say? Have you been getting any strange disconnects yourself? Are you running lots of other cpu intensive things or internet using things while you play(if so perhaps try setting pso to a higher priority)?

I tried the method that Fyrewolf5 mentioned, of re-synching myself with the server, then the method that Kajex suggested. I'm not sure which one worked, but now a friend can join me reliably so far. I'll get more friends to test it, but it seems like it's been fixed.

EDIT: Nope, it hasn't been fixed. I'm still getting the same issue with another friend. I don't know what to do anymore.

Edited by Nikothraa