HEY EVERYBODY! :D

dreamlion

Hey peoples, :onion86:

My actual name is Travis(i usually just go by Lion but either is fine!) I'm 22 years old hailing from Virginia. I began playing PSO waaaaaay back on the GameCube and fell in love with the game ever since. WATCH OUT SAD PART :(. When the releases of the wii,360,and ps3 came out i pretty much dropped this game altogether to stay with the larger population of the gaming community. at one point i was straight up ADDICTED to the most well known MMO of all time, World of Warcraft.(My name was Typo on there from the Norgannon server. stopped mid LK era but still have a still soft spot for the game. That and my WoW account got hacked FOR NO REASON :onion-head76: .) Anyways, when i found out a PSO2 was being announced, i was, like many other people, ecstatic to have a piece of my childhood although it was a new game.

(But of course SEGA in Japan hates the US with a burning passion and SOA is too busy selling dead sonic games to people who dont want it but lets not get into that. Hope i didnt offend anybody!) So that's pretty much my history with PSO. When the servers are back up(posting this as of JAN.1 so it might be fixed by then) then ill be under the name Striker-406 in memory of my RaCast. Stay frosty everyone!

Games currently playing- Destiny, League of Legends, Neverwinter(addicting for some reason), Tales of series(those games are AWESOME), Team Fortress 2, The Binding of Isaac:Rebrith, Netflix(i know its not a game but im on there nonstop like it is one), Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Borderlands 2(still need to get the Pre-Sequel), and a few other, Torchlight 2 on(on rare occasions), L4D2, and a few others i know im missing.

Now onto something more serious(AKA i have a few questions that i hope can be answered)

1) I know that as of right now(meaning of Jan1) the servers are down so i cant create a character yet. Do you think this hack or server issue might afftect my logon altogether?

2) I tried logging in where it says "Start Game" but it just closes the screen and bring me back to the desktop. i looked on the FAQs and it says to look for the question mark to indicate the reccomended settings. I looked on under settings and i still don't see the question mark. I'm assuming that this is in relation to the hacked servers but can anybody help clarify that( that and i have HORRIBLE timing to try and come back to PSO lol)?

3) Ultima, as i can see, was released in 2008. is this community still strong as it was when it first started? i still see people speaking in the forums so i may have answered my own question but is the ingame community still populated?

Thanks again for listening or answering my questions. Hope to see you all soon!

WARNING PROBABLY TOO HUGE PICTURE OF ME INCOMING :onion-head05::onion-head48::onion-head09: (He's hot)

:onion123: ...Or if that doesn't work you can check out my Instgram!(Any help with posting pictures would be awesome because apparently im bad at it!)

Instagram:@acoustic_guru

• Like 4

Welcome!! Nice intro! When servers are back up I'm constantly online. You can find me on my RaCast Akebuu I'd gladly play with you! :D:onion-head11:

Edited by Akebu

whats up dude nice to see another virginian on the server. lol were probably the only ones. anyways, welcome to the server! no clue when the server will be up, but when it finally is im sure you wont have any problem with anything affecting your account as its usually stable. usually if the game is closing that means you have it at a wrong resolution. try setting it on different ones until you find one that works for you. as for population I would say it is fairly strong and can range anywhere from usually 18-90 people depending on the given time. could be slightly more or less depending on events, problems, etc. anyhow I think the population is great. you will meet lots of cool people and I think you stumbled upon the right place.

The server is temporarily down yes, but this probably shouldn't affect you being able to register an account at least.

The pso client forcequitting like that is 99% of the time an unsupported resolution error. When you open the launcher and click on options, next to the resolution dropbox should be a ? button that shows you which resolutions your gpu supports. If you can't find it, just keep trying various resolutions until one works. If no resolutions work then post again and someone can help you resolve that issue.

The community on ultima is pretty fantastic overall, I saw a peak of 107 players online pretty recently (before 11am est usually around 30-40, later on in the day usually goes up to like 60-70), and the majority are very nice and friendly people that are always willing to help out others.

While your timing may not be the best, Ultima really is a great place and I hope that these few days of the server being down (which is not a regular occurance) doesn't discourage you. Ultima may have its fair share of bugs and issues, but the constant events adding new things to hunt to the game are great and the very good-natured community definitely make sticking around until things clear up worth it.

Just to expand a bit the answer from saith... right now the launcher is in version v1.9 and the options for it v1.5 ... if you dont have those... probably you wont see that question mark... i would recommend to just set the lowest resolution you can and patch the game, if you do this succesfully you should be able to select almost any resolution you want.

Another fix to this issue has to do with windows DEP, but only like 2 or 3 times... so if the previous fix fails... we move onto the 1% of saith and work with the DEP.

• Like 1

Hey once again! thanks to everybody who replied with support(helping ingame) or answering the questions! you guys rock! :onion-head11:

So i found out that my issue is that i still have the v1.3 Launcher with the v1.1 options. Is there a possible download link i can use for the latest versions? If there isn't how would i go about patching the game on the lowest resolution?Thanks again for the feedback!

Hey once again! thanks to everybody who replied with support(helping ingame) or answering the questions! you guys rock!

So i found out that my issue is that i still have the v1.3 Launcher with the v1.1 options. Is there a possible download link i can use for the latest versions? If there isn't how would i go about patching the game on the lowest resolution?Thanks again for the feedback!

There is no actual download for the executables by themselves... i could upload my files... but since your game is not up-to-date, is better to do the patch in-game so you get all the files you need...

Even that we have had issues with the ship being online due to maintenance, you should be able to get to the patch by pressing Patch Download in the client.

Edited by Soly