Game won't launch

So i click on the launcher and then click start game but nothing happens. All it does is freeze for like 5 seconds then that's it. Not sure what to do, i checked out the topic saying "game won't launch" and did what it said but still nothing happened. I also have re downloaded the game as well

Edited by King Ra

Alright, what version of Windows are you running and you're sure you're running the right .exe to start PSOBB right? Online.exe?

I know in Win 7 and most likely Win 8, if you don't have administrator privileges set on the shortcut to the game, it won't let you run it at all...

Another issue is your anti-virus/firewall of which I've had to deal with on the damned Norton System Works BS... You may have to set Online.exe to the permissions list to keep the program from either denying it running, deleting or "quarantining" it thinking it's a virus. (but it's not you stupid Norton XD )

Now if it's your video card well... That's a whole other ball of wax... Blah. Dealing with driver issues on certain games are such a pain in the sphincter, of which most remedies are to get the latest drivers or in some cases, get some rather old ones instead.(to run an old game, go figure haha)

Regardless we need more info my friend to help you get back online.

Edited by Trigunman

well i deleted and downloaded game and that didnt work. And its not my drivers and im sure its not my anti virus because it tells me when its stopping a thing from running but i will check on that. i have avast as my anti virus. The thing is that i have had the same stuff for at least a year and no problems so i don't know why its doing this now. I am running the right launcher and i have win 7.

Edited by King Ra

Yea if it's your anti-virus causing it to stop, you'll need to add Online.exe to the "exclusion list" or "do not scan list" or whatever with your anti-virus. Obviously the game is getting flagged as a virus and Avast is stopping it dead in it's tracks if that's the case. Meh, some anti-virus programs are quite finicky, especially after a big update to the virus scan's engine I'd say. You probably recently updated Avast and now it's flagging Online.exe perhaps? Anyway...

Hope this helps man, good luck! :onion-head11:

Edited by Trigunman