The shithack initiative

Hello all. I am proposing what i like to call control and capture. I have decided on what i think would be a hell of an idea. I'm guessing shithack is our greatest competitor right now. This server is by far a better server than theirs is. You level easier the drops are better the quests are more organized and you have Larva who is incredibly acive in the community and in keeping the server updated.

We need to help him to keep this great server alive. Money is ultimatly the way but it's not the only way. The first 3 posts you make after regestering on shithack are admin approved. After that your posts start being added automatically. I propose an all call for every one of us slowly and carefully (so we don't get found out) create and start posting on shithack. Pretend you have a question or something. Everyone can help with this even possibly spanish speakers as they do have a european sever. (Larva perhaps you can translate this post en espanol porfavor?

So it's like that. The more people we get in on this the more donations we can potentially get and all the little problems we have with our server code can have a better chance of getting a good group of people that can replace soda if soda is no longer in on this.

Also, tell a freind where ever you go! If you have any off topic forums you visit spread the word!

Remember: 4x the exp, better drops, nicer client (shithack client looks horrible especially in regards to translations) and we have an admin here who actually gives a shit and is very active within the community. That and i hate crono. He's such a popmus prick he thinks his server is perfect and that every problem is on the client side. Anyone besides me who is computer knoledgable knows this is total bullshit.

CALL TO ARMS!

Also if anyone is actually capable of logging in to that horribly unstable server advertize in their servers lobbies and games for us. It's another way you don't need money to help!

Edited by solarr8

You know it's not such a good idea to wake the sleeping lion....

I mean so you found a better place. ok good.

but why hold a grudge against the other client? I mean if you get careless

you might end up with a bad case of flamers.

but that's just me, whatever you do is not my business,

good luck, I guess.

I had my share of schthack incompetence, hipocrisy, moderation, insults.......

There is no need to spam the forums, ppl find out by themselves what other servers have to offer.

I don't hate crono, he was selected for a reason so i trust schthack on that decision.

The same happens regarding other versions of the game, last time i saw a connect guide for dreamcast, it is outdated, with incomplete and incorrect info, not only this but ppl translated the connect guide to other languanges and that was pathetic, mods didn't even bothered to check if the info was right or wrong.

They like living there, they like posting and playing there, let them stay, if ppl want to change then they do just that, keep in mind that schthack has alot of publicity comming from any random user and many users don't know anything else but schthack server.

The best we can do is improve this server, i know i can't do much, but i'm always here for anthing

Edited by K_I_R_E_E_K

You make it sound like we should go on their forums and start what would probably be one of the most epic flame wars ever just to try and "steal" their players. Schtserv isn't going down any time soon and like Kireek said, it always comes down to the individual. I actually have a friend that tried Ultima and he didn't like it because of language barriers and longer connecting time. I don't have a grudge against him just for that, I respect his opinion.

Advertising the server on Schtserv's forum with, in mind, the will of offering other players another place to play and make friends is totally fine - we're not in the old days where we couldn't mention other servers because of Sega.

Both Schtserv and Ultima have their ups and downs so it's up to us to spread the word and up to these people to take a decision.

Both Schtserv and Ultima have their ups and downs so it's up to us to spread the word and up to these people to take a decision.

im dont like to mush the idea of jumping in their forum and start doing advertize that will look very desperate from us , and beside

we dont want to have problems with ppl , i bet from 10 ppl 5 will flame the topics xD. so better avoid this problems xd.

have fun xD.

I'm sure there are loads of people on Schtserv that would be open-minded enough to try Ultima just for the heck of it. The way it is at the moment, Scht has a kind of monopole because 99% of these people aren't even aware of Ultima's existence. It's unfair for them and us - what I propose is a completely unbiased and accurate post saying just who we are, what the server proposes and, above all... "why not give it a shot? You might be surprised." That was my vision of a post but if you say no Larva, I'll just drop the idea.

As for the flaming issue, yes that can't be avoided but we don't even need to answer back. It could be a topic where we just inform the players and then we'll see if the mods over there delete it or sticky it or whatever.

Oh and I wasn't talking only about Schtserv, also private server websites in general. The first good step was the ability of voting for the server, the rest will just follow naturally.

I'm sure there are loads of people on Schtserv that would be open-minded enough to try Ultima just for the heck of it. The way it is at the moment, Scht has a kind of monopole because 99% of these people aren't even aware of Ultima's existence. It's unfair for them and us - what I propose is a completely unbiased and accurate post saying just who we are, what the server proposes and, above all... "why not give it a shot? You might be surprised." That was my vision of a post but if you say no Larva, I'll just drop the idea.

As for the flaming issue, yes that can't be avoided but we don't even need to answer back. It could be a topic where we just inform the players and then we'll see if the mods over there delete it or sticky it or whatever.

Oh and I wasn't talking only about Schtserv, also private server websites in general. The first good step was the ability of voting for the server, the rest will just follow naturally.

I dont say no..

do it , i dono if it's allowed in scht ore not , but if we dont try we dont know xD.

I believe were better off without the "threat" of flaming.

if they like it they will come....

(I would have said build it, but it's already built (field of dreams pun intended) :)....)

well what good would come out of advertising considering there are few pontential

servers like this one?

I mean you have better chances of someone discovering this server than having some

existing player join because of an ad in another server.

well I consider this to be logical.... i guess.

Edited by R.A.V.S.O

Hello all. I am proposing what i like to call control and capture. I have decided on what i think would be a hell of an idea. I'm guessing shithack is our greatest competitor right now. This server is by far a better server than theirs is. You level easier the drops are better the quests are more organized and you have Larva who is incredibly acive in the community and in keeping the server updated.

We need to help him to keep this great server alive. Money is ultimatly the way but it's not the only way. The first 3 posts you make after regestering on shithack are admin approved. After that your posts start being added automatically. I propose an all call for every one of us slowly and carefully (so we don't get found out) create and start posting on shithack. Pretend you have a question or something. Everyone can help with this even possibly spanish speakers as they do have a european sever. (Larva perhaps you can translate this post en espanol porfavor?

So it's like that. The more people we get in on this the more donations we can potentially get and all the little problems we have with our server code can have a better chance of getting a good group of people that can replace soda if soda is no longer in on this.

Also, tell a freind where ever you go! If you have any off topic forums you visit spread the word!

Remember: 4x the exp, better drops, nicer client (shithack client looks horrible especially in regards to translations) and we have an admin here who actually gives a shit and is very active within the community. That and i hate crono. He's such a popmus prick he thinks his server is perfect and that every problem is on the client side. Anyone besides me who is computer knoledgable knows this is total bullshit.

CALL TO ARMS!

Also if anyone is actually capable of logging in to that horribly unstable server advertize in their servers lobbies and games for us. It's another way you don't need money to help!

Hi, there are a few problems with this:

1. Hi.

2. If anyone wants to play on a broken server (lol) they can just download their own (www.pioneer2.net).

3. we can fix our server.

1. Hi.

2. If anyone wants to play on a broken server (lol) they can just download their own (www.pioneer2.net).

There are a few problems with this:

1. bye

2. If anyone wants to play on a broken server they can just play on a private server as all have problems and bugs (this includes schthack server)

3. You can't fix the staff or the comunity

1. Hi.

1.Lmao

2. took long from you to reply xD

3. ......

So now that i've stirred up the pot the rest is up to all of us. The fact of the matter is that larva can't do this on his own. He needs all the help he can get. As previously stated, ultimatly donations are the way to keep this server going and 1 way to get them is to advertize. The more people who play the more likely larva can get what he needs to keep going.

Now for those of you who responded to my initial post trashing this server you can go kick bricks for all i care. Go to shithack and see how much better it is. There's no place for anyone to be trashing something that they use when they have the option and ability to go elsewhere, unless they're a hypocrite. Show some respect! Larva has and continues to put alot of his time and money into this and to trash this server means you're trashing him too.

This server is a better server for many reasons but the most importand in my opinion is how much cleaner the software is. Now you can b.s. all you want but if you look at the shithack forums it is littered with people who can't get their software to work the way it should. Now you may say that's because there are more people on shithack but we're looking at percentages here not sheer numbers.

Lets also count the gameplay reasons as well, the better hit rate, drop rate, exp rate etc. etc. and the list goes on and on.

It's one thing to critique but talking trash is another.

Bottom line is for anyone that cares. If you have a suggestion, post it. If you have an idea, post it. If you want to help, post it. Just do something. You don't think my idea is good? How about coming up with a better one? Show you care, if you do. Protect what you care about, if you do.

Going over to schthack and trying to persuade people to play over here is not the answer. I came here because Larva doesn't tolerate abusive players, and the Spanish community here. I say that we have plenty of people here already, and if more come it will be because of a better service provided. There is absolutely no need to start any trouble over there. I've run my share of communities, and to be honest not only would it be bad, but it never really works anyway.

I'm working on some stuff that will help Larva keep the server running. There's no need to start any flame wars.