PSO BB will not open

What happens is that when the loader comes up and I click "Start" to begin the game, the loader closes, and a new window opens for less than one second before closing. That's all I can get.

Here's what I'm running at the moment:

Processor: Pentium 4

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics card: no

Sound card: no

Antivirus: AVG Free

I have tried a clean uninstall (including removal of registry keys), re-downloading the installer and re-installing the game. I have all the files and folders listed as exceptions in both my antivirus and firewall. I have tried shutting both the antivirus and firewall off. I still get the same problem.

Any suggestions? Hints? Gods I can pray to? At this point, I'll take whatever help I can get!

What is your onboard graphics card like? Also, when the box appears, does it give an error message then close, or just close? Have you tried just running psobb.exe directly?

System requirements:

Win 98 SE or higher, XP recommended

P3 700 MHz, P4 1400 MHz recommended

Video card that is 3D-capable with at least of 32 MB VRAM

256k+ Internet connection (translation: high-speed only)

That thing might be what's holding you back.

Edited by Choko

As I stated in my initial post, I don't HAVE a graphics card. And before you say that's the problem, I played with this exact hardware setup on Schthack for 9-10 months; the game can't be THAT different here that it won't run.

There is no error message when it closes. It simply closes, end of story. I've tried running it directly from the exe, I've even tried the Vista exe out of sheer frustration.

Edited by Talisien
What is your onboard graphics card like?

Onboard means on your motherboard....everyone has one by default. No need to get rude about it.

As Larva mentioned, make sure you're not running on Scht's client. Also, are you able to run scht's client and not get it to close at the moment?

I assume you download the whole client here rigth? and you are not trying to play with the client of Scht , right ?

No, I'm not trying to run it on Schthack. I did a total uninstall of all of their version and a clean install of the one from here. I figured that mixing and matching wouldn't be a good idea at all.

Onboard means on your motherboard....everyone has one by default. No need to get rude about it.

As Larva mentioned, make sure you're not running on Scht's client. Also, are you able to run scht's client and not get it to close at the moment?

Tell me where to find a model number or whatever it is you need specifically, and I'll look it up for you. I've not needed to know before, so I can't tell you off the top of my head. A quick Google search for my particular model says the stock integrated unit is a Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 900 chip, but I don't know if that's what is in mine or not; I couldn't find a listing for it when I searched the device manager.

No, I can't run Schthack's either; the lack of any kind of response when I posted in their tech support thread is what lead me to try coming to your server. I get the same problem here, but at least here people are willing to make an effort to help me with the problem.

Edited by Talisien

Start > Run > dxdiag

Hit display, it should list it there. Anyway, you should be able to allocate some ram to your video card by going into the bios and adjusting the UMA frame buffer and AGP Aperture size.

Device

Name:

Manufacturer: n/a

Chip Type: n/a

DAC Type: n/a

Approx. Total Memory: n/a

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)

Monitor:

(The ones with nothing next to them are just plain blank, not even a 'n/a')

Drivers

Main Driver: vga.dll

Version: 5.01.2600.0000 (English)

Date: 8/21/2004 09:08:22

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Mini VDD: vga.sys

VDD: n/a

DDI version: unknown

DirectX Features

DirectDraw Acceleration: Not Available

Direct3D Acceleration: Not Available

AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available

(The 'Test directDraw' button is highlighted, but the 'Test Direct3D' button is not)

Notes

-The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

-To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.

-Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

That's everything under the 'Display' tab.

telling by the diagnostic of dxdiag, you don't have the drivers of you Video card, if your computer is a brand name computer (hp,compaq,dell,gateway etc) go to the web page of such company and search for the video driver of your computer model.

if your computer is customize computer , go to the brand name motherboard (asus,msi,evga,sci etc) go to such brand web page and download the video driver for your motherboard model.

if you go to device manager in your PC, you can c wish others drivers you may need.

good luck.

Okay, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

***EDIT***

Just FYI, for those that don't already know... Dell's website @#$%%@ SUCKS. I've never seen such shoddy, slow service from any company online, period. Even Microsoft is better.

***EDIT 2***

Had to skip Dell and go straight to Intel to get the driver. What ever happened to Dell having good customer support and a good website? :P

But...

*drum roll*

It worked! Thanks, Larva! You rock, mate! :D

Edited by Talisien