Teach Me: Type/Weps

ExOh

Please teach me!!!!

The Q's:

How do i achieve Type/Weps?

-Quests/Steps etc

( i dont know if i can rely on pso-world.com)

Whats the difference between Type/Weps and S-ranks?

( the only thing i saw is that s-ranks can be grinded more often..and more ATA???)

What about the specials on Type/Weps? How to add specials on those?

(I know Type/weps are blank - like s-ranks. U can add specials on s ranks with gallons shop. Does not work for type/ right?)

..and why are there no Type/knuckles xD ????

Thanks in advance!!!

• Like 1

Type weapons are like mini s-ranks. They generally have lesser stats than s-ranks and and generally do not grind as much as s-ranks. The type weapons can only have regular weapon specials added, not s-rank specials like jellen/zalure. I'm not sure how to obtain all of the type weapons, including one of the knuckles, only some of them.

I followed this guide to farm a few type weapons for rocky's event which ended up getting undone. I think the notable ones are type sh/shot, type ri/rifle, and type ss/swords. It's basically just copying the pso-world guide for it. By running through max attack 3 v2 in ep 4, if you get enough kills to make 20 points, then you can play the sub-desert roulette in the beak's cafe, which when used for the first time on a char will automatically win and give you a choice of 1 type weapon out of 4 based on gender class. This can only be 1 time on a char, so I kept recreating a level 1 character to dual client while i ran the quest with a lvl 200. It's not too hard to figure out, but even on normal you can't waste a lot of time. I'll run you through it if you like xo.

http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2053

There is also this other thread about how to get some from beach laughter. I have not tested this because of the large amount of work it takes. Apparently need to do AOL Cup Sunset Base and get cell 502 as well as talk to a certain npc, then need to do ep 1 max attack version 2 with ALL 12 character classes, then need to do ep 2 max attack v2 with ALL 10 section ids, before they become available in beach laughter. If a group of people is willing to help then maybe we can test this one out, but idk if beach laughter is fully working because the talking rock doesn't work and forces me to alt+backspace.

http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=41660

This is not all the type weapons. I have no idea how to obtain type kn/claw, type sw/js, or type js/saber (and maybe some other ones not listed on pso-world). (js=Jsword=katana)

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 5

Thank u very much.!! :)

Yes that would be nice if u ran me through it once, that would be perfect. Tell me when u go some time!

List of Type weapons (source: ultima item maker)

TypeBL/Blade
TypeCL/Claw
TypeDS/D.Saber
TypeDS/Rod
TypeDS/Wand
TypeGU/Handgun
TypeGU/Mechgun
TypeHA/Halbert
TypeHA/Rod
TypeJS/J-Sword
TypeJS/Saber
TypeJS/Slicer
TypeKN/Blade
TypeKN/Claw
TypeME/Mechgun
TypeN-SL/Claw
TypeN-SL/Slicer
TypeRI/Rifle
TypeRO/Halbert
TypeRO/Rod
TypeRO/Sword
TypeSA/Saber
TypeSH/Shot
TypeSL/Katana
TypeSL/Saber
TypeSL/Slicer
TypeSS/Swords
TypeSW/J-Sword
TypeSW/Slicer
TypeSW/Sword
TypeWA/Wand
The way you know what each of these are (as there is no good page in PSO World) is based on the letters in the name. TypeWA - The "WA" means wand. Or TypeKN - the "KN" is for knuckles. Part of what makes the type weapons cool is you can have swords with slicer animation, claws with knuckle animation, etc. They are the only weapons that have bizarro animation like this. The big advantage over s-ranks is that you can add hit (usually through donations) where s-ranks cannot have any percentages. The disadvantages are that you can't add specials by any method in game (only through GM mini events), you cannot have jellen/zalure, and you can't name the weapons. There also is no type needle. ALL of these items can be donated for even if they are not obtainable in game. Hopefully this helps.

List of Type weapons (source: ultima item maker)

TypeBL/Blade
TypeCL/Claw
TypeDS/D.Saber
TypeDS/Rod
TypeDS/Wand
TypeGU/Handgun
TypeGU/Mechgun
TypeHA/Halbert
TypeHA/Rod
TypeJS/J-Sword
TypeJS/Saber
TypeJS/Slicer
TypeKN/Blade
TypeKN/Claw
TypeME/Mechgun
TypeN-SL/Claw
TypeN-SL/Slicer
TypeRI/Rifle
TypeRO/Halbert
TypeRO/Rod
TypeRO/Sword
TypeSA/Saber
TypeSH/Shot
TypeSL/Katana
TypeSL/Saber
TypeSL/Slicer
TypeSS/Swords
TypeSW/J-Sword
TypeSW/Slicer
TypeSW/Sword
TypeWA/Wand
The way you know what each of these are (as there is no good page in PSO World) is based on the letters in the name. TypeWA - The "WA" means wand. Or TypeKN - the "KN" is for knuckles. Part of what makes the type weapons cool is you can have swords with slicer animation, claws with knuckle animation, etc. They are the only weapons that have bizarro animation like this. The big advantage over s-ranks is that you can add hit (usually through donations) where s-ranks cannot have any percentages. The disadvantages are that you can't add specials by any method in game (only through GM mini events), you cannot have jellen/zalure, and you can't name the weapons. There also is no type needle. ALL of these items can be donated for even if they are not obtainable in game. Hopefully this helps.

You can donate for these items o 0?? ^^

I never knew about the different animations, that's freaking awesome. Where have I been?

helped me kajex, thanks bro

I want to name my own S rank. Wander about the TypeSW/J-Sword in comparison to the J-sword.

Edited by jonesy88

does a TypeGU/Mechgun only shoot 3 bullets per gun in combo?..instead of 9 in total?

You can donate for these items o 0?? ^^

I never knew about the different animations, that's freaking awesome. Where have I been?

helped me kajex, thanks bro

I want to name my own S rank. Wander about the TypeSW/J-Sword in comparison to the J-sword.

These links should help:

http://pso.wikkii.net/wiki/TypeJS/J-Sword

http://pso.wikkii.net/wiki/TypeSW/J-Sword

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2128

Wonderfull thanks!

How many DTS would a Type/wep be?

I'll have to verify with Larva. He's told a few of us different prices from what I've heard. They aren't horribly expensive since they come with no special and no hit.

does a TypeGU/Mechgun only shoot 3 bullets per gun in combo?..instead of 9 in total?

TypeGU/Mechgun is a handgun that looks like half of a mechgun. So three bullets total. It's almost identical to TypeGU/Hand which looks like a handgun and shoots like a handgun. The TypeGU/Mechgun is just taller than the TypeGU/Hand

Edited by kajex

one handed mechgun..everybody be like *Wha'?*

nice..looks like fun

Thanks everybody!!

@ Kajex: please tell me if u got a pricelist ;)

Indeed, the first part of the name is what the weapon attacks like, the second part is what the weapon looks like. So Type GU/Mechgun attacks like a gun, looks like a mechgun. Type DS/Wand attacks like a doublesaber, looks like a wand. Type SW/JS attacks like a sword, looks like a j-sword.

The type N-SL prefix doesn't appear in game, my Slicer/Claw shows up as Type SL/Claw both ingame and with the reader. Although I notice in your list Kajex that there is both type N-SL/Slicer and type SL/Slicer? Maybe you could test those out sometime and tell us if there is any difference.

Note that most of the Slicer type weapons are Melee weapons that only hit one target, none of them throw an actual slicer blade afaik.

Btw Jonesy, I am likely to use my Type SW/JS 15h as a prize in my mini event, a donation only custom special TJS seems like a cool thing for it. If you really wanted to give it name, you could technically edit your unitxt to give it one, though only you would see the name.

i wanna know about the new price of all type weps in DTS please kajex let us know when is going to be ready thosee prices :)

dime estas cosas por el lobby novato xD