Game wont start hangs before character screen happening all this week

i cant seem to log into the game the info screen starts up then after the info screen it hangs in a state i never seen before it doesnt load to the character screen what now its been happining to me all this week someone help!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Are you using linux like you were trying to do? what happens to the screen does the background keep moving or does the screen freeze and when it freezes whats on the screen, what errors you get, describe it if you could, black screen would even help.

your being denied access by the server. make sure when you execute the shortcut right click and run as administrator. If that doesnt work make sure your pso directory isnt read only if thats the case you wont be able to update files, sometimes especially for windows 7 you get all files in the "program files" directory are stuck on read only move your pso directory to the desktop then try to patch up. remember to always right click run as administrator.

You can also try to uninstall and reinstall but before you click the installer right click and run as administrator, and when you patch up to right click and run as administrator, when you sneeze be sure to sneeze as administrator or windows 7 will @#$% up.

and vista, since vista is beta for windows 7 >.>

pso filesize 819MB

on disk 824MB

see if they match up

Edited by Azeras
  • Like 1

i use the online.exe, i think i shortcut that myself to the desktop. it works for me, sometimes the crack server doesnt work and it does that. some shortcuts wont work with mine like the widescreen doesnt work.

strange thing is its the server having a problem with you and your client but why? that type of error happens when the server cant authorize that your client is legitimate not saying its hacked just saying the server cant get a response from your client (((blocked ports on the server would cause this)))

heres probly a useless question but rule it out anyways you did get patched up through the server right?

i edit posts alot to try to save space be sure to recheck if you have not reposted yet (after your post scroll up to recheck my post)

Edited by Azeras
  • Like 1

did you recheck your file size for pso? this is mine

pso filesize 819MB

on disk 824MB

I remember i had to give 2 files to someone to get their game to work and the file sizes were different then mine.

ogg folder is 171MB

scene is 362MB

sound is 105MB

844 of the other files in the data folder are 157MB

in the pso directory without the folders just the files inside that folder total to 22.8MB mostly exe, ini and text files

Edited by Azeras

-try a second account get the same results?

-try window mode

-posted by chuck: change the extention PsOBB.pat to PsOBB.exe, remove the old PsOBB.exe first though. If that doesn't work, it means something is blocking the patcher (firewall, windows defender, antivirus, stuff like that)

-Best Answer kajex, 27 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

-Make sure the update didn't change your resolution of your game. It might be trying to run an incompatible screen resolution and auto closing.

-try to disable virus and spyware blockers, heres a few topics to checkout might help

-http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/9334-game-wont-start-after-updating-read-this/

-http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/11002-database-connection-server-offline-problem-2132014/?hl=start

-

Edited by Azeras

I deleted the key_data, can you try logging in again and let us know if it works?

Chuks words thru PM. It's worth a shot so he needs to do the same for you. I was able to login after that was changed. It was acting like it did before with the fat humars but luckily that wasn't the case and I didn't need a rollback.

best of luck

• Like 1

Slots 2-4 are fat humars. Slot 1 is fine. Make a rollback topic to recover slots 2-4. Be sure to indicate the last time you were able to successfully log in as a valid rollback time for protoss. If a rollback takes a while and you want slot 1 recovered, do what jonesy said and ask chuk to delete your "key_data". That should at least allow you to use your one remaining character until a rollback has been completed.

• Like 1

fat humars are back? ahhhhhhhhh

theyll get you squared away. sorry tho, feel for ya. been there one too many times.