Tech Merges

Are the barriers and merges redone on this server? i.e. merges for each individual spell don't exist anymore, instead they're replaced with SI, GI, RA etc. merges? I want to make a force for a 2nd char and want to make sure i can get hold of these before i make one.

https://sites.google.com/site/psowiki/home/drop-chart/atb

is that list accurate for this server?

It is the original merges on this server and not the redone ones. Here it's just the basic Red/Blue/Yellow (Ra-/Gi-)Foie/Zonde/Barta and Anti/Resta merges. Farming the amplifiers regularly is difficult because afaik no changes were made to their drop rates. However during the Chritsmas Event many of the merges drop on very hard from bosses (i.e. on various ids vol opt dropped resta merge, red/blue/yellow merge, razonde merge, etc.)

There are also the server items Virus Shield: Vol Opt , 3 Seals, and Hylian Shield, which can function as makeshift gi and ra merges.

Virus Shield will be in upcoming summer event I believe, and it adds 20% gi techs, 10 all resists, and 10 ata over max like a mini rr.

3 seals drops from redria and skyly very hard delbiter and gives you 25% ra tech boost along with its 33 resists.

Hylian Shield gives 100% grants, 75% rafoie, 60% razonde, with 25 efr, 32 eth, 35 edk, (0 eic / elt) with high dfp and evp too, but it only drops in the Triforce Event (between summer and november aniversary event), most likely from gal grpyhon again.

Most of the merges are of little practical use though. Useful ones to get are the Resta merge (maybe 10-15 pds) and Foie merge (mostly for falz last form). Blue and Yellow merges and other individual spell merges are mostly unnecessary. Otherwise I'd look into getting the other shields I mentioned over merges. 3 seals will hold you for a while before you acquire psycho wand (45% ra) and can buy/hunt a hylian (120+ - 150+ pds) for a stronger solo ra spam force.

Easiest setup would be to hunt a 3 seals on vhard, look into buying a resta merge and/or foie, maybe hunt virus shield soon when that event comes around.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

So what do the red/blue/yellow merges do differently to the individual spell merges?

And to save opening another thread... My first char is a whitill ramarl, what are some good items to hunt to use as tradebait?