Would you guys consider an unmodded branch of PSO BB on Ultima?

Hoppimike

Hoppimike our missing some other points of the server that balance the experience system. First we increased the required experience points for each level. (Tnl) this is higher than any other server of PSO. Means that u need more point of experience to reach the level 200.

Also ur missing that ultima has boosted the stats of the enemies of the game.

So yeah is not that we just use multipliers in the experience systems just because of the heck of it. We have try our best to balance the game in our own way. Also we avoid the unneed changes of the weapons as for example the LK&38 COMABT, in all the servers this weapon has the combo unlock, but we refuse to unlock it because is already a good weapon same happens to Master Raven.

So if u think you were playing on a vanilla server before here, then ur wrong.

Hoppimike our missing some other points of the server that balance the experience system. First we increased the required experience points for each level. (Tnl) this is higher than any other server of PSO. Means that u need more point of experience to reach the level 200.

Still took a new player like me only about 30hours to get to level 150. And I'm not even geared....

Also ur missing that ultima has boosted the stats of the enemies of the game.

All this does is encourage people to donate for hit, which might be a good thing to keep the server running. I doubt you considered new players without any hit gear when you made this decision though. Even my 3rd normal attacks can miss on the frozen zol gibbons in ep2. And that's with 30hit items and max ata/smartlink (no rr). I doubt you'd call that balanced. It may be balanced for the donors/veterans or whoever has that hit stuff lol

Also we avoid the unneed changes of the weapons as for example the LK&38 COMABT

If you ever used a LK&38 you'd know that it'd be useless on this server. You'd need atleast 60-70hit on that. Unlocked LK38 is not really needed anyway.

but we refuse to unlock it because is already a good weapon same happens to Master Raven.

Isn't pyscho raven exactly the same as master raven on the other servers? Nerfed atp and ata but combo unlocked? Might be wrong on this, i've never seen it. Just what I heard.

Edit: Just my opinion

Edited by The Breaker

Yuji Naka had nothing to do with most of the episode 4 modifications done by the hangandgo company or w/e they where called who where put in charge of the pso server, so everything after the base usa client is pretty much non vanilla anyway, once could argue everything added after pso v2 on the dc is as well, since that was basically outsourced to another branch of segas internal team.

Basically, buy a dreamcast, buy pso v1, and enjoy vanilla pso with 1/a few million drop rates, no ultimate and lvl 100 max cap.

Edited by Lee

I think it would be interesting to have a ship with normal exp / drops and without all the other changes. I'm not saying I don't enjoy the Ultima server's changes, but having things "normal" would be a fun experience also.

I think neither Ultima/"vanilla" are better than the other. They're just different, and variety is always good!

I for one would love to play both!

Edited by Nessly

Note to "the breaker"... Psycho Ravens are very different from master raven on other servers. It's a mechgun (dual master Ravens) with short range and unrivaled attack power, and it grinds to 80. Even with 0 stats, it's a powerful weapon.

Note to "the breaker"... Psycho Ravens are very different from master raven on other servers. It's a mechgun (dual master Ravens) with short range and unrivaled attack power, and it grinds to 80. Even with 0 stats, it's a powerful weapon.

Adding on that, Psycho Raven can easily match damage with yas9000 charge. It's a scary weapon that doesn't even need hit to be effective

Alright, thanks for the information! I guess I was totallly wrong on this. One more question on this though, does it have rifle range?