Switching Items Between Characters

Hey there =3

While i'm not new to PSO I am new to Ultima, and I want to know if there's an established way to switch items between alternate characters - without having to enlist someone else's help or having multiple computers.

On NGC (on which I used to play PSO) it was a simple matter of plugging in another controller and starting a split-screen game, but here i'm kind of stuck. I've tried running multiple windowed clients (with two seperate IDs of course) but that doesn't seem to work.

So is there a way to do this?

Thanks

There is another way, if you're the type of person who likes UAC and doesn't like updating Java xD.

If you have the online.exe on your desktop (just for ease of access), run it as admin a few times, this will open multiple instances of the launcher. Just start game on 2 of them and viola 2 games without it bugging out. :)

I wouldn't recommend relying on the common bank too much since people have had reports that some accounts don't handle it well.

Anyways goodluck and if you have any other questions, feel free to pm me through forums. :)

Edited by squish

Haha!! ...i did the dual client (w/o UAC) and worked fine! ...Thanks Choko! ...and squish, why dont update java ...btw i update it, so it wont work for me?? ...but i find easier to switch off the UAC when i need some transfers!

Thanks again!

I just don't like updating it that much, no other reason. I also just got into the habit of having multiple launchers so it's just as quick. :)

• 1 year later...

hi i need a tutorial to play splitscreen offline if posible to play with friends when they come visit me :S

Do you mean for playing on Ultima? Because Ultima doesn't have an offline mode, you can only play it online.

PSOBB doesn't have an offline mode itself...

You have to set up a local server for that (still being online, just not needing external connections)

If you still want to do that, head over pioneer2.net where you can find binaries and instructions to get it up.

Edited by Soly

I don't even recall how it was on split screen but you won't be able to do that I'm afraid

The client handles 1 player and that's it... as it is on a computer, you can't have 2 windows focused so that

would throw down any effort of controlling different clients with different controllers