A New Breed Of Non-Rare Weapons

We all know how powerful the S-Rank weapons are, but only after two things:

1) Adding a special to it.

2) Fully grinding it.

Here's my concept:

Create a new breed of basic weapons. Maybe give them a new photon color (outside of the normal green, blue, pink, red, yellow).

Make them naturally low damage-wise (like 50 base damage on a sword), but make it so they can be found with any special (like regular ???? weapons)

Once you find a good special (Zerk, Spirit, Charge, etc) and hopefully high hit, start grinding it.

Here's where the fun part happens:
Make the max grind super high (Like S-Ranks).

For whatever reason, I love good weapons that aren't too worth while until after like...200+ grinders.

I think it would be very unique to have a good new basic weapon with high grinders.

And to make things more fair for everyone, make it so we cannot get donation %s on these.

They would be normal uncommon weapons, so it's only fair we cannot up their quality past the tekker (or Gallon's Shop).

Each weapon would have the base S-Rank requirement before equipping:
HU weapons: 800-850 ATP

RA weapons: 180-200 ATA

FO weapons: 800-850 MST

Here's the reason why this would not eliminate S-Rank necessity:

No one makes an S-Rank:

Sword

Saber

Daggers

Cane

Pole

Partisan (Outside of Hell)

Rifle

Shot (Outside of Zalure)

Handgun (Outside of Zalure)

Mechgun (Outside of Zerk/Demons)

Ok maybe we could leave Mechguns out of this, because them shits would be broken with high grinders.

If anyone else thinks they would like something like this, please post in this thread!

I would love to get an amazing weapon, but still have to work to make it great (with finding grinders)!

Edited by Thegreatmrkid
  • Like 2

Ummm... Dewd... Have you tried to get an M-Type weapon yet? There is a thread about in the quests forum. Me, Hwi & a few others have done enough EP4 Jap. Max Attack runs for points to score one in the Beak's Cafe quest. I absolutely love my Blizzard specialed - Type SH/Shot +60! :D

Considering the fact of how high most of them can grind and once you get a really nice/useful special on them, lack of %'s become a rather minor issue IMHO. As I said, my Type SH/Shot +60 gun has become one of my lv 200 RAmar, Trigunman's most useful utility and powerful weapons he has... Right up there with his 35 hit C-Rouge, 10 hit Mille Marteaux, my 50 hit Arrest Arms and even rivals the usefulness of his 30 hit Froozer. Granted his total ATA is a little over 300, but you get the point.