A quest-ion

YuTsu

I'm still trying to get my head around qedit, but I have an idea for the sort of quest I'd like - one which has you fight all 3 episode 4 bosses in separate encounters but within the same quest - and I wanted to know if a few things are possible:

1) Would it be possible to have the player(s) fight multiple EP4 Bosses in the same quest? As in in the format of area > boss > area > boss > area > boss

2) Is there any way to force Kondrieu to spawn? The Qedit monster list for the EP4 boss room only gives Millon and Shamby as choices, so is there some script I can use to force Kondrieu to replace a boss, and also to prevent him from replacing one of them?

3) I belive I belive it's possible to change the default drops for the bosses, but would there be some way to apply their drops to boxes? So I could award the drops at the end of the quest through boxes Phantasy Star Universe style instead of after each boss

( mainly as a countermeasure to people spamming the quest for Millon then /lobbying and restarting )

I understand that a quest such of this may be a bit much for a first quest, and I'll probably try to make a few simpler ones if I can first to get the hang of Qedit, but I thought 'it never hurts to ask', and hey, if I can't figure out how to do it, maybe someone else can

Edited by YuTsu

Yeah, If I can't get Kond to work how I want, I may just change the story to there being 'several large unidentified entities' and making it Millon>Millon>Shamby or Just Millon>Shamby or something like that, then if Kond can/does replace one of them it still fits P:

Edited by YuTsu

I think it's a great idea, I like it.

I'm not too sure if you can make a quest that reloads the boss area multiple times, but I do know there is coding that can make Kondrieu always spawn, the same way you can make regular rare enemies spawn indefinently (such as the modified TTF that every enemy in Forest was a Torr, and every enemy in Caves was a Mil).

I've also seen people make multiple of any boss at the same time (most commonly known quest is Military Strikes Back, where you fight two Gol Dragons at the same time).

Imagine fighting Milion, Kond, and Sham-wow at the same time. Now THAT would be fun. In my opinion XD

Edited by Acaru

You mean something like TTF/RT but then for episode 4 hmm? Kinda like Point of disaster but with all the bosses included. I haven't worked with Quedit myself yet but if you want to know what's possible and whatnot you're better off asking Lee about it.

Forcing rare enemies negates the point of them being rare, multiple instances of the same floor can be called, but in most cases disabling the town warp is necessary, in this case though not needed since boss floors, for an example of multiple floor reuse see pw4 or cmode.

Fixed box drops as well as advanced use of the bb opcode for bpd can award items, changing boss drops requires sever code.

Multiple bosses at the same time is a stupid idea unless you like to crash, spawning them in waves can work as long as the delay waits out animations, again unless you like crashing clients, also don't wave spawn multi stage bosses, ahem falz, or sequence animation bosses ahem de ro lie.

Edited by Lee