Guide - How to make your own skins

chuk

• 3 months later...

Hi, I would like to make the resta merge invisible. Not that it is ugly, but it is kinda ugly.

Is that possible ? If yes (and also if no), the link to get VMT doesn't work anymore it seems.

Anyone knows where I could find VMT ?

so im trying to experiment in skinning my HUcast and I was wanting to turn him into olga flow : ) but I cant find olga flow textures , ive found dark falz and other bosses can some one tell which one is olgas file please to shorten my hunt for the perfect olga cast skin : )

I've tried but cant open that file so I downloaded an olga skin from pso univers and damn its so confusing as to which part go where : / I've currently so far got a hucast skin using the metal olga skin but its not really what I wanted and is a bit disjointed : ( if there was some way of knowing which image related to which body part or if there was a 3d model viewer this would be easier : (

Well, I tried to make the resta merge invisible, following every step. It works correctly, except that every time I launch the game, it seems that my "itemtextureep4.afs" turns back the way it was before, before injecting my new texture with AFSmanager.

I've tried, verified and reverified and it is definitely what happens every time :

- my modified copy of "itemtextureep4.afs" is definitely modified, the file 408 displays the beautiful black square I made, instead of the original texture.

- I copy my modified "itemtextureep4.afs" into PSOBB/data, effectively replacing the existing original "itemtextureep4.afs"

- I launch the game, notice that the resta merge isn't any different, perfectly visible.

- I take a look at my "itemtextureep4.afs", export the file 408.prs and read it with VMT : it shows the original texture, just like if I didn't replace it...

I'm sure there is a rational explanation to what definitely seems like a big conspiracy against me ?

Oh, that explains it then ! Thanks !

Another question for blessed souls :

I made the texture of resta merge completely black, and checked "use black as transparent color", however my resta merge isnt invisible in game, just black (which is actually less ugly but not really what I would expect).

May anyone tell me is there anything specific to do in order to get invisible stuff ?