New Public Blueburst PMT editor 1.0

Lee

The ability to add items has been disabled (It's a bit more involved then just using the pmt program so I left it all out at the code level), but this still has a better gui then the old program, although it's not designed to output files for soda's server this time around (sorry manual editing of ini's for you :P).

newpmtpub.png

It now opens and saves as prs compressed files, so don't try to open non compressed files please, you are just probably going to get error spammed.

There's still some unknown stuff floating about on at least a few of the tabs feel free to try stuff and let me know what they actually are.

Combine lists, item flags, and photon colours are all setup properly in the gui now.

It's probably got some bugs since I have had limited time to test it, anything major let me know here.

1 final thing, it's always nice to be acknowledged by a server when they use my programs, not mentioning any names here, they know who they are ;)

As always inb4 the bitching.

Change log 1.0a:

Tech use tab names fixed
Cell height increased (just allows use of larger fonts)
Weapon specials now use a drop down selection box
Armor and shield lvl's are now show correctly as they are in game
Few label cleanups on some sfx tabs.

I prob bugged like 108373434 things adding the special selection since i did it quickly so be warned lol.

http://schtserv.com/forum/download/file.php?id=247

BB PMT editor 1a.rar

Edited by Larva
  • Like 5

I've always wondered why you didn't include a prs compressor/decompressor in your editors. Would be one tool less to use each time.

• Like 1

The ability to add items has been disabled (It's a bit more involved then just using the pmt program so I left it all out at the code level), but this still has a better gui then the old program, although it's not designed to output files for soda's server this time around (sorry manual editing of ini's for you :P).

newpmtpub.png

It now opens and saves as prs compressed files, so don't try to open non compressed files please, you are just probably going to get error spammed.

There's still some unknown stuff floating about on at least a few of the tabs feel free to try stuff and let me know what they actually are.

Combine lists, item flags, and photon colours are all setup properly in the gui now.

It's probably got some bugs since I have had limited time to test it, anything major let me know here.

1 final thing, it's always nice to be acknowledged by a server when they use my programs, not mentioning any names here, they know who they are ;)

As always inb4 the bitching.

http://schtserv.com/...file.php?id=246

thanks for the release Lee. the ini change is not a big deal is easy to change manually, as for the rest of the new features is always cool have new things.

And u sure the prs wont be corrupted? I't has never been a problem to compress and decompress files no idea why you changed this, probably to help tards who cant use the prs tool LOL. Or lazy asses like chuk LOL

any way man thanks. +REP for you xD

Edited by Larva
  • Like 1

it uses schthacks own prs routine, it works perfectly well. It's the exact code from the quest editor and main server.

The prs and file save should be bullet proof I regularly save direct to the server folder now, haven't had a bad pmt save once and chuk really is a lazy ass.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

updated the dam thing for some minor fixes and additions since no one broke anything and reported it.

As always if you break something, or can think of something else that needs a better gui let me know.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

i've been considering something since quite a few people have approached me trying to buy the program toolset i use to actually add items, not just edit stuff anyway, i'm going to see how much interest there is in what i've posted back at the original topic, you can post some opinions here too if you don't have an account on schthack i don't mind. Anyway i'll quote it here for the lazy people.

I've been asked a few times now over skype, msn , pm's etc if people could actually pay me for the full version of this program which can add items to pso.

Now while i really don't like to sell programs myself, I'm considering maybe setting up a donation target then if there really is that much interest and whatever target is reached is raised then I would just publicly release the full version of the program along with the support programs needed to utilise added items properly.

Obviously I would set like 50% of the donation target as being returned to the server fund for schtserv at the very least wit the remaining being compensation for my time spent working on it if people think that's fair.

I'll only do this if there really is enough interest, and that a decent value (not something stupidly over the top) could possibly be agreed.

If anyone has any thoughts feel free to post.
This would include btw:

PMT builder with full item addition ability, as well as the addition ability of other support things in the pmt itself, photon colours, stat boosts, tech boosts etc.

A unitext builder which can handle adding new entries

A program needed to patch the exe so it accepts all the changes done.

I'd probably throw in my itemmagedit.prs editor when i get some time to finish itm it just allows some greater mag editing flexibility and adding.

As well as a full tutorial posted on how to do stuff and obviously continued support for bug fixes and requests.

I really don't know what interest people have in this outside of running their own server but hey i just threw this out here since it's been requested for sale.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

I thought making stuff for PSO was your hobby but it seems you got other motivations...

• Like 2

you really think this is about the money, when i just overhauled ultima's language system on my loader for free?

Anyway chuk if this is your way of saying you don't want this program, then that's fine with me.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

nope, don't need it, I could go deeper on this but it's just gonna lead to more drama so yeah, good luck

• Like 2

Good luck with your drama then.

I think this link should work for donations:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=AJ7UJXP88NSRA

If you appreciate the work put in and would like the full program set released publicly for anyone to use on their own servers.

I will post up full instructions for it's use.

Additionally I will provide help over msn / skype for anyone who donated any thing themselves personally and address any bugs or feature requests.

Anyway if this raises about $200 total I will fix up the full program and the support programs for release.

Btw if anyone just wants to donate to me just in general for any work i have put in over the years that will just be counted towards this.

Also I'll be totally transparent about how much has been donated if anything if anyone wants to ask me.

Please note you are not obliged to donate anything to me, there is no requirement to do so other then wanting to say thanks for my work.

• Like 2

Even when I'm not starting it, it's there,

I think you just attract drama, orange boy.

gimme some more -rep to calm your frustration

• Like 1