/lock command idea

Dr. N

i am totaly taking this idea from PHantasy Star Universe.

a /lock *item* should be add to the server. if you dont know what the LOCK on psu is it works like this

u have a rare item or weapon in ur itempack and u dont want to sell it or drop it so u would type in /lock *saber* and the item become unable to be sold or drop only moved around in the itempack. idk if u can do that on here but its a cool idea i guess

• Like 5

i am totaly taking this idea from PHantasy Star Universe.

a /lock *item* should be add to the server. if you dont know what the LOCK on psu is it works like this

u have a rare item or weapon in ur itempack and u dont want to sell it or drop it so u would type in /lock *saber* and the item become unable to be sold or drop only moved around in the itempack. idk if u can do that on here but its a cool idea i guess

Unfortunately pso is more client dependent then psu, if you sell something in pso, the client sells it and then the server thinks it hasn't, you get an inventory count miss match and well yeah when the item id's don't add up inventories start to corrupt. It's not a bad idea, just with the way pso works it isn't really workable.

Unfortunately pso is more client dependent then psu, if you sell something in pso, the client sells it and then the server thinks it hasn't, you get an inventory count miss match and well yeah when the item id's don't add up inventories start to corrupt. It's not a bad idea, just with the way pso works it isn't really workable.

Unless there is a way to enforce the client to immediately recreate the item in the inventory on the correct slot.

Unless there is a way to enforce the client to immediately recreate the item in the inventory on the correct slot.

does sodas software have the same issue with use items, where as if you use them in p2 ( like easter eggs) then you must refresh your menu to show the item?

If you where going to do this, you'd have to let it sell it and bump the slots correctly, then add it to the end of the inventory list like an item that's just been used if you get my meaning. It also would mean having to create a sort of black list store of items for each account in the sql database and then some code to check against it, I'm not even sure though the server receives any data on the sold items param's just what slot's been trashed so it can move the id's, I'd have to look at it more carefully.

Edited by Lee