DisplayMode Error

This may sound a bit ridiculous, but bear with me. I installed Virtualbox(a windows xp emulator) onto a macbook pro which used an actual windows xp install disk to make the Virtual OS. I then proceeded to install every windows update all the way up to SP3 and the .Net Framework 3.5 as well. This is windows xp and runs exactly the same as it except how it controls the hardware. I installed PSOBB and the starting screen works, but as soon as I go to start the game or go to the credits the game screen appears for about a third of a second then crashes. I am running the absolute minimal settings for the game and I know that this computer can handle any of the graphics needed for this game. Below is the error log from the last time I tried running PSOBB.

Error : Can't find DisplayMode

Error : Can't use format [D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8]

Error : Can't find DisplayMode

Error : Can't use format [D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8]

I am fairly certain that this is a direct 9x error and I am going to install direct 9x now, but any help(especially from larva) would be appreciated. Also, any additional information that you would be able to provide regarding this error, please post below.

Edited by VonPawn

I thought I might as well include the spec log, it seemed a bit odd

Driver :vga.dll

Description:

VendorID :00000000

DeviceID :00000000

SubSysID :00000000

Revision :00000000

Driver :vga.dll

Description:

VendorID :00000000

DeviceID :00000000

SubSysID :00000000

Revision :00000000

Well I don't know much about Virtual OS. I know what it does and how it works but I don't know how to fix any errors like that sadly :/

The most that can be done is research online to figure out what can be done.

• 11 years later...