PSO Episode 3 in Tabletop Simulator!

Hatsodoom Reiga

Hey there folks! Who here remembers Episode 3? Yah, that card game. Anyone here love that game? I know I do, but it seems to be a distant memory these days. Well not for much longer because I'm porting all of Episode 3's cards into Tabletop Simulator (TTS) on Steam! That's right, all the official cards are being ported into the game, so you'll be able to play this game again with friends online! You'll have to make the battlefields yourself but TTS does have a grid function you can turn on. You'll also have to manually roll dice, move figures, and remember your own cards abilities, but is that any different than playing, say Yugioh? Not only will I get all the official cards but I have plans to port over all the unreleased cards as well! There's TONS of unreleased, unobtainable cards within the game's data, all of them fleshed out with point costs and abilities. (Unknown if they work in-game, but that doesn't matter here.) After I get all the original and unobtainable cards ported into the game I'll make "figures" for the monsters and story characters. (They'll just be basic stands with a portrait of the card/character in it.) After that I plan to go beyond, by making all new cards based on episode 4 monsters and items! This topic will be for updates on the project. As of posting all obtainable monster cards have been ported into TTS successfully and item card images are being downloaded. Here's a few snapshots.

BXwokoA.png

9a18KcR.jpg

Fi0utD0.jpg

• Like 9

I've downloaded all item card images, a whooping 210, yikes! (There's only 104 official monster cards.) I'll be getting their images into the game soon, but it'll likely wait until after my college finals this week. (Last one on Wednesday.) Stay tuned for sample images! God I hate the next part though, so much copy and pasting.

15 hours ago, bobshlibidich said:

I remember playing that game (offline). It was pretty fun. Too bad the online had only one viable deck (March of the meek + 1star monster spam).

All I ever recall is people spamming the crap out of Dice Fever. I usually had to end up banning assist cards in my games. Also just to note, some cards did have patches made to them online. All ported cards have their offline stats.

Thats uhhh lot of work. And very impressive. I was a fan of ep3 and am a big fan of TTS so I'm excited to see how this goes. 

Back from finals, passed them both. Will get to work on porting in item card images tomorrow. After that is putting in their abilities. This is done by adding them to their card descriptions. (As you can see from snapshots, hovering over the card for a second shows it.)

Item card image porting in progress, 70/210 cards successfully ported. Will provide sample images once they're all ported.

Update: 140/210 now, I have to take a break now and then because with all the copy and pasting and finite positioning my wrists cramp quickly.

Edited by Hatsodoom Reiga

Work on item card descriptions has begun. I plan to get at least 35 of them done a day, more preferred. At latest they'll be done on the 16th or the 17th.

Update: 70/210 item cards done. Will likely try and get a few more done later today. (12/12)

Update: 105/210 item cards done. Everything is going smoothly, but I'll have to check the details of certain abilities using the ISO once I'm done. (12/13)

Update: 140/210 item cards done. As a bonus I'm considering making a custom card or two based off of Ultima Items. If you know me however you know I'm against a lot of them, but if you have an item you want made into an Episode 3 styled card I'll hold a vote for it in the future. This is just a heads-up. (12/14)

All Item Card descriptions are done! There's plenty of abilities that I need to clarify in one way or another, but I'll be doing that at a later time before moving onto the Action Cards. Also after all the cards are made I'll be doing a final check of all cards and their abilities/descriptions/attributes just to make sure it's all good before uploading to the Steam Workshop. Anyway here's some snapshots of a few cards.

O1QsIHX.jpg

ZKOnkNw.jpg

R9xMd6b.jpg

tpK4CtO.jpg

w2iS3aQ.jpg

Appreciated Adude, but I'd prefer to keep going at it myself. Picking up files from a different project when I'm already a decent way through would just complicate things. That said sorry for the lack of updates or work on the project, been up to other stuff. I plan to clarify some card abilities/details using the ISO this weekend, then change descriptions as needed. After that I'll start working on Action Cards in mid January. I've got a trip at the start of the new year for about 2 weeks and I won't be able to work on it during that time.

• Like 1

I've checked another batch of card abilities. PSO World was wrong on a few things and the game itself words certain things badly or incorrectly. (Such as weapon halfguards saying they only apply to physical attacks, but I checked and they defend against techs cast from the appropriate weapon too.) Mid next month I'll get to the Action Cards, so stay tuned for it!

Update: I'm in a gaming slump today. Don't seem to want to play anything, don't have the mental focus to work on my Tabletop RPG manual. So I decided to download all the Action Card images, 131 in total, slightly more than Monster Cards. I'm leaving on my trip this Thursday so I or may not get any further work done.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Back from my vacation, work expected to continue this weekend, college started up again.

Update (1/20): Work resumed, currently putting Action Card images into the template for upload.

Update (1/20)(2nd): All Action Card images ported into the game! Decided to go a bit into overdrive today. Images below, expect descriptions to be done later this week. Shouldn't take nearly as long as the Item or Monster cards.

9WtDMKI.jpg

mSkwHc1.png