What does this mean?

MaTtXX

I was looking at the red ring and different armors and i noticed this for the red ring, similar for other armors

DFP:130 (+85)

EVP:212 (+25)

What does the +85 and +25 mean?

Also, when someone is selling armor and it says something like "Spirit Garment [DEF: 2/EVP: 2]", what does the [DEF: 2/EVP: 2] mean and is it related to the + thing from before?

Edited by MaTtXX

The +XX means that it has a variable value for whatever has the +XX, from the value written up to base + XX.
So the values you copied can be from 130 to 215 and 212 to 237.

In the other thing (which is what you get from the character reader), that means it has 2 extra points above the base value...
For example, I have a Red Ring [DEF: 85/EVP: 25], which means it has the max values it can get.

(Some armors have no variable stats)

• Like 2

That being said, while it looks pretty to have 'max', the practical effects are generally pretty negligible. Defense and EVP are very weak stats in general, and the variance you get on things doesn't make a significant difference. Sometimes people will state that an item is min, med, high, or max, or sometimes they will say the exact extra values (e.g. [DEF: 33/EVP: 21] ) but in general it's not actually all that important.

3 hours ago, Dutch Ride said:

^ Soly with the humblebrag lol

Ehh.. that was in the GM account :P
Those are all hand made, so you can guess what all of them have

• Like 1