MB: Asus Z170 Pro Motherboard

SSDs: 1tb Samsung 

HDD: 1 x 4TB wd

PSU: 650W EVGA SuperNOVA G2

Chassis: Fractal Design Define R5 White

Monitor: Dell 1440 144hz 

KB/M: SteelSeries Apex 300, Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse

And all i ever play is PSO and Binding of Isaac, hardly pushing it :P

Got the new monitor. It's pretty damn swish. FPS games look great. Unfortunately 3rd person games are a little warped due to the 32:9 ratio. Oddly enough PSO looks fine at 3860x1080.

Being double HD in terms of width allows me to run two 1920 x 1080 programmes side by side. Nice

yPUFv8V.jpg

Edited by iamlost@hotmail.co.uk
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, iamlost@hotmail.co.uk said:

Got the new monitor. It's pretty damn swish. FPS games look great. Unfortunately 3rd person games are a little warped due to the 32:9 ratio. Oddly enough PSO looks fine at 3860x1080.

Being double HD in terms of width allows me to run two 1920 x 1080 programmes side by side. Nice

yPUFv8V.jpg

I like this over a two monitor setup. I might be tempted. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

13 hours ago, iamlost@hotmail.co.uk said:

yPUFv8V.jpg

My hammerhead shark would love this setup

• Haha 1

Aye it's a bit weird doing x2 windows programmes compared to my Z35 but it's not uncomfortable viewing wise.

FPS is where it really shines. A fair few older games suffer as distortion from 32:9 is quite noticeable. But it's not all games. PSO looks very clean and sharp. A fair few looked pretty bad. Hitman, Absolution, Just Cause 3, Warhammer Vermintide 2. Although the latter was mainly due to muddy textures imo.

My all time fav online FPS game looks very good at 32:9 - Red Orchestra 2. Although I have to force the resolution in game via a console command. The screenshot doesn't really do the game justice compared to how it looks in motion, but it's highly enjoyable and extremely engrossing. I did wonder if sacrificing GSYNC for a FREESYNC monitor would affect performance and smoothness, but in all honesty I think being 144hz is just as effective at keeping gameplay flowing well.

https://imgur.com/7MYA39N

Edited by iamlost@hotmail.co.uk

• 1 month later...

so i upgraded my pc, well built an entirely new one actually.
I went with,

I7-8700k 3.7g/4.7g boost clock 
gigabyte z370 aorus gaming 7 mobo
Corsair h100i Water cooling for the cpu
32gb ddr4 2666mhz Patriot viper LED memory
(2) Samsung Evo 860 ssd 1TB drives 
Samsung evo 860 ssd 250 gb
Samsung m.2 960 pro 512 gb
(2) Asus strix rx580 gpu's
    I decided to watercool these since i plan on over clocking these and went with 2 NZXT Kraken G12 plates, and 2 corsair single fan  radiotor's 
Corsair hx 1000 psu
Coolmaster haf evo case 

I have everything but the case, there for dont have the gpu watercooling installed yet either. just messing with overclocking i've gotten the cpu to 4.9 stable with a idle temp of 34 C and 1500mhz core 2250 memory plus 50v on both cards stable at a idle temp of 49c. During stress/benchmarking the cpu/gpu's never went over 70. 

if anyone goes with a z3xx series intel chip or whatever amd chip, id highly reccomend this mobo, the lights in it are nice, plus the software it comes with for oc'ing is by far the best i've seen stock. The only drawback to this mobo and i know it wont be for most is the lack of sata ports, it has 6. My last one had 10. 6 is plenty for most i know, but i run 2 optical drives and 3-4 ssd's. Sometimes when needing to move files from pc to pc i move the hd from pc to pc and having another sata would be nice nice. I almost went with 2 gtx 1071i's, but for some reason i like rx cards better. Unfortunately, i dont play anything atm to really see if there's improvement from my last build lol.

• Like 1

haha @nnorton44 so i ordered one of these after you showed it to me, a m.2 ssd....not realizing how many hoops you have to jump throught o get windows to boot from a m.2 drive...my boot up speeds with that and my OS, or just using a evo 860 ssd are sub 20 seconds. So really, im not seeing any gain from spending a ton of money on this thing...just to find today on newegg that m.2 enterprise edition drives, almost 1tb double what my m.2 is, double the speed of my ssd's yeah maybe around 1gig not 3500mb is only 200 bucks for a 1tb...litterally about a week after i ordered....the way i look at it is, you got me excited for this just for it to be shoved up my ass lol! haha dang though really wish i did this this week, i woulda got 3 of these to fill my m.2 slots rather then get 2.5 ssd's. luckily i got the 2 evo pro's for around 320 each, but for 600 i could of got three of these instead! https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAD9Y74H8298

haha oh well now, idk for what  do i dont notice any difference from games or my os loading of a 3500mb/s or 560mb/s drive. I do though notice a difference from my old crucial ssd's to these samsung's. Ironically, i broke off the sata l connector the day i put this m.2 drive in, the metal tabs were still there but the plastic part that makes the cable snug broke, had to jerry rig  the cable until im not lazy and swap cases and solder it. i replaced every single thing in my pc, except the 2 optical drives, and what do you know? neither work in the new build. 1 shows up in my pc but cant do anything with it, and the lg doesnt even get recognized by windows....which i dont burn stuff anymore, so no problem...but my corsair cooler software i cant find the right model on their site to download....anyways though thats a good price on those m2's you should whip out that mastercard

• Like 1