Launching Issue

I just recently uninstalled and redownloaded the full game download (First link on downloads list).

I made sure the old folder that i had was fully deleted before i reinstalled.

Have been trying to launch game since first post here. :/

Edited by Seth365
Added Details

I have updated the launcher once again, this time to log the exception thrown by the process starter function.

Please update through the launcher itself or download the latest update from the downloads page.

And that's with the launcher running as admin?  Odd that it'd be denied access.  Maybe try moving the entire installation into Program Files.

47 minutes ago, Lemon said:

And that's with the launcher running as admin?  Odd that it'd be denied access.  Maybe try moving the entire installation into Program Files.

Stuff in Program Files requires admin rights to change things, that just does no good.

57 minutes ago, Seth365 said:

Here is the log after update:

Are you running the launcher as admin?
I don't think it will show in the log since running the launcher as admin doesn't make it pass "as admin" to the game (but it inherits from the admin process of the launcher).

Also, if you double click psobb.exe does the game actually launch?

No, although I try opening PSOBB.exe as admin be either right clicking and running as admin or going into properties and changing as admin; opening psobb.exe says i do not have permission and I am not a developer. I am the administrator of my PC. I have been unable to click Psobb.exe this whole time without that error showing up. As for the launcher, it keeps stating that my turned off antivirus may be the issue because it cant find psobb.exe in the folder although it is clearly in there with the launcher icon above it.

4 hours ago, Seth365 said:

opening psobb.exe says i do not have permission and I am not a developer

Just to be clear and well it's obvious by now.
It's not a problem of the launcher but is something in your PC that is not letting even you access the executable.

But back on the issue, what's the exact error on that? I mean the full thing in the message box or whatever when you try to open the game.

After patching, the small windowed menu pops up. Hitting start states this:

The launcher is unable to start game. Please be sure you have the launcher in the installation directory PSOBB and that Psobb.exe exists there.

If you cant find Psobb.exe your antivirus might have quarantined it.

In my Ultima PSOBB folder under Local Disk (C:), here is the list of items in them:

Bmp

data

log

teamflag

Launcher

psobb.dll

psobb.exe

unis000

Unis000

However, this symbol is next to Psobb.exe

IMG_2429.JPG

I am slightly concerned as to why only the DLL shows it's extension.

Anyway, until you solve the problem with psobb.exe, the launcher won't be able to launch it (and again, this is not problem of the launcher).

Here is microsoft's steps to fix the problem: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2669244/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device,-path,-or-file-error-when
Follow method 1, about permissions.
Also follow method 5, about unblocking.

I don't know what that is, is it from microsoft?

Have you tried lemon's suggestion of moving the game to somewhere else (not program files tho).
Maybe make a folder "PSOBB Ultima Test" and copy the files there and try again?