Connection errors 906 and 916

Tekwhat

I am posting this for a friend. He currently uses his cellphone, connected via USB to his pc for internet (it is faster then his internet). He was getting the 916 servers full error constantly. I turned off his windows firewall, disabled and stopped the service after. He was able to connect and all was fine. The next day I log on and join his game, and right as we start zoning into mines, he d/c's and is unable to get back in with the 916 error. I went in and enabled and started the firewall service, but did not turn it on, as sometimes Windows requires the service to be running, and I am not familiar with the software he is using to tether his internet, to know if its required. Since then, he now gets 906 in game "patch server connection failed" I can get in fine so I know its not under maintenance. I have rebooted the pc and had him reboot his phone many times (I'm doing all this remotely). 

Have any of you ran into this before, or have any other ideas?

His pc is Windows 7 64 bit and I have him using Sophos home AV (I use this too with no issues).

Can he load this url in his browser?
Cellphone connections here are really crappy, I don't know there but I personally wouldn't rely on such a thing.

Also, what happens if he enables "test server" in the launcher options, can he at least reach the login saying wrong username or password?

He is able to get to the website "hello world" displays correctly.  I have not had him try the test server yet, he was able to get to char select, and then he got "psobb.exe has stooped working". When I was setting up his pc, I set all the exe's to run as admin. 

**Edit** I tried test server, it gets to invalid credentials.

Edited by Tekwhat

26 minutes ago, Tekwhat said:

I'm not sure what changed, but after I logged in, it worked. I will update this if it happens again

Sometimes the cellphone company (sprint for example) block ports and also cap your data speed after hours of constantly use.