New Server Logging Features

Soly

Don't know if it would be feasible but something like distance walked/ran, time spent on the ground, time striking a pose (casting techs), unique mags equipped, idle time, pb generated, mag blasts cast, heavy/light/special attack counter, # of casts for different spells (this would be sweet). random things like that would be cool but probably hard to track and not very useful. 

2 minutes ago, Malcoren said:

Don't know if it would be feasible but something like distance walked/ran, time spent on the ground, time striking a pose (casting techs), unique mags equipped, idle time, pb generated, mag blasts cast, heavy/light/special attack counter, # of casts for different spells (this would be sweet). random things like that would be cool but probably hard to track and not very useful. 

I have already 
-Techniques cast, each individual technique.
-Attacks performed (counting different combo steps), I think I know how to get if the attacks are normal hard or special but need to test it first.

Distance walked and idle time would be good but I don't know yet... I probably will try something, since the server doesn't handle any physics at all its a bit difficult (to get it right).

I'm not sure about unique mags equipped, since I'd have to keep track of all mags if they have been equipped, not that it makes any difference to know if you have equipped all mags (something good for achievements, but some mags are limited to some classes).

I don't think the client ever says how much PB you have, to others but I have to check where the client says it has PB ready (which it is broadcasted).

I have to check the packets that are used for PB casting but it should be doable.

5 minutes ago, Soly said:

I have already 
-Techniques cast, each individual technique.
-Attacks performed (counting different combo steps), I think I know how to get if the attacks are normal hard or special but need to test it first.

Distance walked and idle time would be good but I don't know yet... I probably will try something, since the server doesn't handle any physics at all its a bit difficult (to get it right).

I'm not sure about unique mags equipped, since I'd have to keep track of all mags if they have been equipped, not that it makes any difference to know if you have equipped all mags (something good for achievements, but some mags are limited to some classes).

I don't think the client ever says how much PB you have, to others but I have to check where the client says it has PB ready (which it is broadcasted).

I have to check the packets that are used for PB casting but it should be doable.

Cool stuff, really look forward to it, also what do you code in? does the game have its own engine?

34 minutes ago, Malcoren said:

Cool stuff, really look forward to it, also what do you code in? does the game have its own engine?

Depends on what I am doing... the server is currently in C.
I am coding a server in C#, is basically the same stuff (as in the same server) but in C#.

Well yeah, the game has its engine but that's from sega, nobody has the source code for the game client.

I'd have to see if the client sends an "I'm no longer in a chair packet".
Although since you move in a chair with some specific packet.. I could use the normal "im walking" packets to stop the "im on a chair" counter.

5 minutes ago, Soly said:

I'd have to see if the client sends an "I'm no longer in a chair packet".
Although since you move in a chair with some specific packet.. I could use the normal "im walking" packets to stop the "im on a chair" counter.

I would think it would, since others see when you get out of your chair without them moving.

11 hours ago, kat2388 said:

Hey soly I have idea about makeing a trade list bank in game /trade  make thing a lot much easier  

Somewhere in your menu you can write down what you wanna sell. (Idk how its called)

And everybody else in lobby can see that list , but noone use it :P

18 minutes ago, Night said:

Somewhere in your menu you can write down what you wanna sell. (Idk how its called)

And everybody else in lobby can see that list , but noone use it :P

If you are talking about the info board... yeah I bet nobody uses that.

3 minutes ago, Soly said:

If you are talking about the info board... yeah I bet nobody uses that.

Yeah i think it shoulf be info board :P

Yeah but its such a cool feature idk why noone is using it D:

@Soly  What about a trde pannel? I had often the problem due to timezone issues to trade..

Like in game a feature where you can look into your account (you would need to log in to see what your character has in inv and so on)

Example:

1. Step: you choose the item and person to send to (from your inv/bank) and then end up with a confirmation

2. step you can check the item which the other part (seller/trader) if thats the correct item. If its the right one you can confirm that if not aprove. So that after that confirmation the other part cant change item to cheat on you. Every change would need a new confirmation)

3. After confirmation the system will automaticaly trade those selected and confirmed items

I know thats a lot of work to get those things working but it would be something good for you. Then you wouldnt have to do such things/work in future :3

Pros:

-you could check your own items without loging in game (smartphone as example)

-issues due timezone is solved

-soly would have only a one time work and no future works

- if problems apears due hacking youll see to which gc it was sent

Cons:

-work for soly if someone hacks D:

Or what about a redeem panel? Where you could choose an item or stats to redeem for which gc / item

For stats swapping while you do a redeem and so on

Pros:

-GMs would have less to do and have more time for play/ checking things if all is ok / solving problems / helping peeps

- no waiting times for players to find a GM

Cons:

- hacking / abuse

To use those things server could ask for forum & game login

What do you think about that? For me its not realy needed but i think it would be nice :3

Is that possible?

Ty for reading my stupid ideas which i created in lazyness xP

P.s.: i just noticed that i cant choose the height for letters on smartphone x0

It has already been thought of, but is not as easy as it sounds.

For the moment I have no interest in doing something like that, and there are some technical issues that make it not possible.

Regarding those pros and cons you put there... this is what I think of them.

- Checking your items outside the game: what's the problem logging in? ...I'm already making something to read/export (part of) your character data anyway.

- Timezone issues: That's juat unfortunate circumstances, really there is nothing to solve.

- Soly works only once: what does that mean? lol... pretty sure there will be still a lot of work after such a thing.

- Problems due to hacking: hacking were? The game or such kind of tool? doubt such a tool could help us with hacking.

-Abuse: of course it would basically have to be perfect or it could go very wrong.

Personally weighting the pros cons and the work it would require, I think k is not worth it but still I do think it would be awesome.

A public store would be good but the way the game works makes this so difficult....

20 minutes ago, Soly said:

It has already been thought of, but is not as easy as it sounds.

For the moment I have no interest in doing something like that, and there are some technical issues that make it not possible.

Regarding those pros and cons you put there... this is what I think of them.

- Checking your items outside the game: what's the problem logging in? ...I'm already making something to read/export (part of) your character data anyway.

- Timezone issues: That's juat unfortunate circumstances, really there is nothing to solve.

- Soly works only once: what does that mean? lol... pretty sure there will be still a lot of work after such a thing.

- Problems due to hacking: hacking were? The game or such kind of tool? doubt such a tool could help us with hacking.

-Abuse: of course it would basically have to be perfect or it could go very wrong.

Personally weighting the pros cons and the work it would require, I think k is not worth it but still I do think it would be awesome.

A public store would be good but the way the game works makes this so difficult....

I understand that thing of creating such stuff c: and it was just a thought :3

Checking: sometimes i do not want to log in and type down the weapons, etc (lazyness for the win xD)

Timezone: that could get solved with that tool c: cause you could confirm whenever you got time, same for the other part of trade

Solys work: well its one time work and some adjustments later on but when you got it working without upcoming bugs, its like if you are saving mone in a bank xP

If you give a higher sum once youll get more out of it than instead of saving monthly :P (But its up to you. If you wont spend work in it, ill accept that. Cause i think its a nice feature but not really needed :) )

Hacking: i mean if someone hacks and can log into database or could abuse logins from someone he could give himselfe the stuff while it looks like it got traded

Yeah it would be nice but if its not possible then forget about it before youll spend hours for nothing :3

40 minutes ago, Night said:

Checking: sometimes i do not want to log in and type down the weapons, etc (lazyness for the win xD)

Lazy. This is worth 0 points towards anything lol.

Timezone: that could get solved with that tool c: cause you could confirm whenever you got time, same for the other part of trade

But is not a problem. Just plan it better, stay awake a bit (or lots of hours) more than usual.

Solys work: well its one time work and some adjustments later on but when you got it working without upcoming bugs

I still don't get this... if I do this trade stuff, I work only once, if I don't what will I be working on "multiple times"?

Hacking: i mean if someone hacks and can log into database or could abuse logins from someone he could give himselfe the stuff while it looks like it got traded

If someone hacks and can log into the database... I doubt he would give himself items from other people, in any case would be better to just insert items into his accounts.... but then I doubt someone who hacked and logged into the database wants to give himself items.

Enough "playing" lol.
Right now as I said is impossible, I hope to remove this impossibility with my new server.
Obviously it has to be made secure and that adds a bit of complication to how complicated it already is.

Also .... this seems like something to solve a specific people's problems. (I have had very very few request for assistance with trades)
I'd rather make a store where you can put up your items for sale but that'd probably not include DTs and will require quite some work with the game database that yeah, I'm not interested in investing on right now.

Not today, not tomorrow... ;)

Update here.

The new server now logs all attacks you perform with a weapon, like... 
Normal, hard and special attacks as combo step 1 2 and 3
Not that it's the meaning of life... but hey.. if I can log that, why not?

Also it now logs how many mobs and boxes you hit (obviously boxes is a 1 shot stuff, mob kills are counted somewhere else).
These 2 might be wrong depending on the info I have, but the tests I have done so far, seems to be fine.