PSOBB EPI Horror Mod Add-on

Kamui

You might have noticed that I added a way to use custom files that are patched by the server.
My goal is to do this with the most possible files so people can keep their original files intact (without worrying about backing them up, although is no big deal), however, this also lets me make the game use the files from virtually anywhere.

For example, the game will look for a file in root\data\scene\filename
I can potentially (because I haven't actually tried it), make it read the file from lets say root\mods\kamui_horror\data\scene\filename
Making even easier the installation and switching of mods.

Would you be ok if I look into your pack and the files you modded and try to implement this?
Then (for Ultima at least) it would be as easy as downloading the pack, copying into a mods folder and changing the mods.ini file that I use with the DLL.

Meh.. just did a quick search and apparently this will be near impossible for some files... specially those inside scene.
Thanks anyway, the mod looks great.

Edited by Soly

Pretty much all of them, since they share the same string to generate the "final" filename with different extensions, like for example
map_aancient01_00s.xvm
map_aancient01_00s.xj
map_aancient01_00s.nj

If I change one, all will change and can't really do that without making it prone to crash
An user patching only the xvm, will be missing files in the new location and gg.