old dc,gc player

NyuneNyuni

Hey its been a long time I used to play on dc and gc with friends on local play after servers went down back in highschool, and i tinkered with pso2 for a little while but stumbled onto this place and looking forward to trying it out, i used to play as a fomar whitill up to lvl 115 *GC* on both systems, will also pick fomar this time around aswell but im unsure what color ill get with my username this time around. how many people are normally active during the week? also im trying to bring my buddy that i used to play with into this when he get internet again. also whats with the guildcard number? since i never got the chance to play online before im sure im missing out on a bit of stuff

Edited by NyuneNyuni
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, NyuneNyuni said:

Hey its been a long time I used to play on dc and gc with friends on local play after servers went down back in highschool, and i tinkered with pso2 for a little while but stumbled onto this place and looking forward to trying it out, i used to play as a fomar whitill up to lvl 115 *GC* on both systems, will also pick fomar this time around aswell but im unsure what color ill get with my username this time around. how many people are normally active during the week? also im trying to bring my buddy that i used to play with into this when he get internet again. also whats with the guildcard number? since i never got the chance to play online before im sure im missing out on a bit of stuff

Hello NyuneNyuni , and welcome to the Ultima community. There's a section ID calculator you can use here http://www.pso-world.com/secid_BB.php and the server is pretty active (from what I see usually 50+ folks are on daily and even more during events and such) You can see how many people are on through both the launcher and the game after logging in. The guildcard number is basically your account number here , which is needed in the case you may have a problem but also for commnucation between other players when you exchange guildcards. You can search to see if certain players are on or ignore them via a command using their numbers as well if need be.

Edited by Grimoire Greys

welcome to the Ultima server :D

Hope u will love it like i do, since im also from the DC server :onion-head03:

Then it should be safe.
The DLL will most likely trigger false positives because it modifies the game executable (and antiviruses will search for this kind of behaviour).
The client itself has always triggered false positives.

got to lvl 8 on my fomar, but just wondering all the quests look differnt than i remember or all of them custom now? also my xbox 360 controller works great but the custom settings dont seem to stay saved after i leave

There are quite a few "custom" quests... but government quests are the originals and all the 1 Player quests too.
Maybe you played "multiplayer" (the default lobby setting) and that's why you didn't see those?

Hmm... the settings not saving is weird.
But I can't really trouble shoot anything with the current ship's codebase.
I'm currently rewriting the ship server code to have an easier time doing all this sort of things.

Edited by Soly

i had this message with virus some days before.. you only need to add the pso folder to your antivirus and that was it c:

for me it saves all settings.. (xbox one wireless)

first thing: you need to change for each new started char the settings (if you start a new char the settings are default so you need to set them up like you want them)

if you have a char where you just set your custom settings press alt+delete and then leave the game via exit game (should save it then)

also sometimes (dont happen to often) a new char change your custom settings from an other char to default if you havent the same settings xD idk if solys new rewrites changed that but im just saying :P

Edited by Nightmare2.0

I haven't changed anything regarding to that, but I plan to check it when I rewrite the ship.
Also, alt + del has the potential of not sending the disconnecting packet and thus not saving the character data.

well for me it always works this way c: only 1 thing happened to me like you describe.. i common banked stuff -> /bank -> alt + tab

i also set up pad button config there cause i relogged from an new char, and that deleted the custom settings

the pad settings was saved but the banked items was (after relog to my 2nd char) still in inv of my 1st char ^^ so im not sure if this is the problem? D:

or if it only saved pad settings but not items x-x

Welcome to Ultima community , pretty sure you will love this place. Also you will find lot of users willing to help you to in your begging as a player.

Have fun.