A returning player's quest for weapons!

I used to play this all day back in high school. A friend of mine sent me the download link for the game, and got me to start playing.

I 'm wanting to build a samurai "musashi" type character, and would like some help in finding some of the cooler katana weapons.

Looking for:

Jizai
Tsumikiri J-Sword

Orotiagito

Yamigarasu

Dark Flow (Not a katana, just want it)

Dont know how to go about getting all these. Just made a Viridia Hucast so i can get a Guren to drop later. Thats as far as i have come in my quest. Any help pointing me in the direction of quests, or rare mobs i need to kill to get drops needed to get these would be greatly appreciated :)

And feel free to let me know of any other cool weapons like these. Perhaps theres something server specific i'm not aware of :)

Edited by James Bradley

the_hangover32.jpg

I used to play this all day back in high school. A friend of mine sent me the download link for the game, and got me to start playing.

I 'm wanting to build a samurai "musashi" type character, and would like some help in finding some of the cooler katana weapons.

Looking for:

Jizai Easy to get
Tsumikiri J-Sword Really hard to get with a drop rate of 1/lol and very expensive if you try to buy from someone else.

Orotiagito Easy

Dark Flow (Not a katana, just want it) I rather recommend to wait for xmas for PGF drop. Otherwise, you will find yourself paying a lot for one of these. Amounts like 300+ bucks are possible, because somehow, this is far as Ultima's economy has got for some people here.

Dont know how to go about getting all these. Just made a Viridia Hucast so i can get a Guren to drop later. Thats as far as i have come in my quest. Any help pointing me in the direction of quests, or rare mobs i need to kill to get drops needed to get these would be greatly appreciated :)

And feel free to let me know of any other cool weapons like these. Perhaps theres something server specific i'm not aware of :)

Here you will find the drop char:

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/droptable.php

You can donate for items or hunt by yourself.

If you want to donate, I rather recommend you to get donation tickets instead to donate for stuff. It is a cheaper way to get items from the community using dts (donation tickets).

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/forum-0/announcement-13-item-list-donations/

Just a hint, stuff like TJS and Dark weapons have been banned from the list.

As a final recommendation, your best chance to hunt down stuff will be with ramarl. You will see that most of server's stuff has been made to favor the RA class over any other here. Plus Ramarl you can buff and debuff.

Edited by MrHucast

I have a few yamigarasu's, you can take one. Its a cool long blue katana, I do like the way it looks. Too bad it only hits 1 target and isn't that strong, unfortunately double sabers way out-compete the katana's in terms on damage per second.

Also i'll hunt with ya sometime for things you'd want to get, like v502's, v101's, maybe an excalibur (Lame D' Argent -> Dorphon ep 4 drop)

Pick your ID yet? Oran is decent for ep 4 drops: v502,v101,Lame D' Argent.

Skyly is the only ID to get SJS (unsealed Tsumikiri J-Sword), the rate is 1/10,300 and 1/3,100~ during happy hour (3x rare drop rate boost)

Whitill ID is for hunting Red Ring (+20 ATA) which is the best/most viable shield slot in game.

Edited by velociti

As people have said, there may be people willing to give you an extra yamigarasu they have laying around.
To make Jizai you need Guren and Shouren. Guren drops from Dorphon Eclair on Viridia (vhard and ult), and Whitill(ult). Shouren is won in Black Paper Deal 2, which requires photon crystals to play (those drop from ep4 rare enemies at ~1/3).
To make Orotiagito, you first have to find Agito AUW 1975, which drops best on Whitill Ultimate Mil Lily (~1/21) and Pinkal Ultimate Pal Rappy (~1/21), and then you must take the weapon to the one player quest Seek My Master and speak to the tekker there to convert it to Orotiagito, which can only be done once per character and the agito loses all stats (note: unlocking all the one player quests requires having government quests in multimode up to 4-1 unlocked).
There is also a Samurai Armor which boosts agito/orotiagito, which drops in easter event from Saint Milion, and of course, the weapon Musashi which drops from hard dragon all ids 1/11. There is also Sange(skyly/yellow ep1 mil lily 1/2), Yasha(black paper deal 1 vhard dorphon route), and Sange&Yasha combined. The Kamui katana drops on viridia from ep 2 ultimate hildetorr 1/2 as well, and through a lot of work in claire's deal can eventually become Two Kamui (which ironically is not twin swords but you actually hold the katanas reverse and use them as daggers).
Good luck on making your samurai build.

Your only chance for a Dark Flow is pay in the hundreds of dollars through donations (probably 400-600 range) or wait until xmas event where you can hunt a Parasitic Gene Flow and make your own.

Oh that rare eh, wow. Is it hard to farm out of the christmas event? Least i got 6 months to get to ULT mode.

the_hangover32.jpg

Here you will find the drop char:

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/droptable.php

You can donate for items or hunt by yourself.

If you want to donate, I rather recommend you to get donation tickets instead to donate for stuff. It is a cheaper way to get items from the community using dts (donation tickets).

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/forum-0/announcement-13-item-list-donations/

Just a hint, stuff like TJS and Dark weapons have been banned from the list.

As a final recommendation, your best chance to hunt down stuff will be with ramarl. You will see that most of server's stuff has been made to favor the RA class over any other here. Plus Ramarl you can buff and debuff.

Yea i've been using the drop chart a few days now. Banned eh. explains why dark flow, and a few other weapons arent on the list. Thx for the recommendation! Never played with a RA class before. Figured HUcast was probly the best hunter you could be due to the dmg output.

I have a few yamigarasu's, you can take one. Its a cool long blue katana, I do like the way it looks. Too bad it only hits 1 target and isn't that strong, unfortunately double sabers way out-compete the katana's in terms on damage per second.

Also i'll hunt with ya sometime for things you'd want to get, like v502's, v101's, maybe an excalibur (Lame D' Argent -> Dorphon ep 4 drop)

Pick your ID yet? Oran is decent for ep 4 drops: v502,v101,Lame D' Argent.

Skyly is the only ID to get SJS (unsealed Tsumikiri J-Sword), the rate is 1/10,300 and 1/3,100~ during happy hour (3x rare drop rate boost)

Whitill ID is for hunting Red Ring (+20 ATA) which is the best/most viable shield slot in game.

That would be awesome! Much thanks ahead of time! That's one legendary katana down :)

I'm a fan of double sabers. Actually got super excited when i found my 1st musashis weapon years ago.

I've love to hunt together sometime. Might be awhile before i'm on ur level tho. Friend of mine and i play together maybe 2 days a week for about 3 hours each play session. And between all the other stuff i'm doing i wont have a whole lot of time, but it would be fun to break up the Monotany of the grind a little bit. I got thursdays and fridays off. Usualy play somewhere between 5 and 6 pm pacific time till whenever. Excalibur sounds awesome :)

Yea my hunter ID is a Viridia, Checked the drop chart and Viridia/whitill seemed to be the only IDs to get a GUREN, so i figured that was a decent place to start. Probly have to make another character or 2 to be able to farm up al the drops i want. It'll be an adventure for sure.

Skyly for sealed J sword eh. Such a low drop rate. Guess i'll have to prepare to be patient with that one. And the red ring isnt super important to me, but by the time i'm done i'll definitely want it for the accuracy.

As people have said, there may be people willing to give you an extra yamigarasu they have laying around.

To make Jizai you need Guren and Shouren. Guren drops from Dorphon Eclair on Viridia (vhard and ult), and Whitill(ult). Shouren is won in Black Paper Deal 2, which requires photon crystals to play (those drop from ep4 rare enemies at ~1/3).

To make Orotiagito, you first have to find Agito AUW 1975, which drops best on Whitill Ultimate Mil Lily (~1/21) and Pinkal Ultimate Pal Rappy (~1/21), and then you must take the weapon to the one player quest Seek My Master and speak to the tekker there to convert it to Orotiagito, which can only be done once per character and the agito loses all stats (note: unlocking all the one player quests requires having government quests in multimode up to 4-1 unlocked).

There is also a Samurai Armor which boosts agito/orotiagito, which drops in easter event from Saint Milion, and of course, the weapon Musashi which drops from hard dragon all ids 1/11. There is also Sange(skyly/yellow ep1 mil lily 1/2), Yasha(black paper deal 1 vhard dorphon route), and Sange&Yasha combined. The Kamui katana drops on viridia from ep 2 ultimate hildetorr 1/2 as well, and through a lot of work in claire's deal can eventually become Two Kamui (which ironically is not twin swords but you actually hold the katanas reverse and use them as daggers).

Good luck on making your samurai build.

Wow, thx for the detailed guide. I feel much more likely to complete my quest now. So its looking like to get the most of my build from 1 character i probly should have snagged a whitill ID. I'm not too far along i could probly just restart. Government quests in multi mode, is that somthing new to the BB server? played alot on gamecube and dont recall these missions.

2 kamui using as daggers. Yea thats probly gonna be a must have. Its said that musashi would sometimes use that grip in the katanas he was using to throw off his opponent. So yea i'll be trying to hunt those down as well.

thx for the luck yo. God knows i'm going to need it.

• Like 1