Cross skinning weapons ?

solo guy

Hi all : ) I use a lot of skins in this game and I've dabbled a little bit in making them but I've got stuck in how to change weapon models. I'm using a kamui s skin for for normal mech guns series turned into two master Ravens in gold colour and this has also modified my type gu/mechgun to a gold master Raven also I'm using a black and white flamberge to replace my Excalibur model by same creator but I would like to make some more model changes my self but I can't figure out how to do it. I've tried extracting the model and renaming it to model I want to replace but either it couldn't work( dark flow model over the Excalibur model ) due to size of model or I'm just plain doing it wrong . Can anyone point me in right direction thanks : )

Edited by solo guy

Using AFS manager(on the topic of the link below too), you export the model you want

you can use a list here in this topic to know the right file http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/23938-skin-guide/?p=133077

After you import to the right model and save, notice that i can only do 1 at the time, multiple seem to mess up the file causing the game to crash /still wondering why on my side

Edited by cyane
  • Like 1

now that pictures got me wondering if i use a dark flow skin and then transfer that can i use the skins on kamui's site ? if yes then im super hyped : )

wow cyane i didn't know i was gonna get the exact answer to my problem : ) youve opened up a whole new realm of modding for me know and i thank you : )

UTL2BtJ.jpg

Well so far soly I'm running dark flow model on Excalibur , master raven model on mechgun series and TJS model on the slicer series (I have type sw/slicer so it works like real thing almost lol) and I havnt encountered any problems with patching on server side but if it makes it more stable and reliable then go for it. I use skins on all those weapons with the itemtextureepx and everything's working well at the minute but I have another question what model and texture number are the ultima custom items ? And can I mod these like I have with the other stuff and also can I copy armour effects other armours for example stealth suit effect on samurai armour?

Well.. I offer the ItemModelEpX.afs option so you can be safe about the files, if you want to go to back to the original or grab one of them, etc...

If we at some point decide to push new models the file would get patched and gg...

Ultima's custom items I don't have them at hand... if you give me a few hours (to sleep :P) I'll modify my ItemPMT editor to export the list and I'll upload it somewhere.

Also as a heads up, I will be modifying the ItemTextureEp4 to fix the skin issues we sometimes experience, like AN and PW... this will require people who have modded their ItemTextureEp4 to mod it again based on the new file.

It might take me a bit to do that so yeah.. just keep it in mind.

Ah that makes sense about new models and patching and also you right again about keeping the original as a backup and using a modelepx folder instead so please if you could that would be great : ) I was just using my master backup to overwrite all mods when I put to many In but having a clean model folder in there would make it easier , really happy with how this thread has gone getting all the right answers to my questions and when your free to ( no rush : ) ) find the new items model and texture numbers I'm looking forward to having a yaskimov 7000 / arrest needle : )