mobile hotspot

DyeHard321

Hello everyone! I played psox many years ago and now im back to fulfill nostalgia. One problem. I have no internet access in my house, all i have is my phones mobile hotspot. I have 4g LTE unlimited data. My service is MetroPCS and it rides on the tmobile network too i guess... Will i be able to connect to ultima with this? Will i be able to play with very little to none lag??

• Like 2

im actually using my hotspot to play most of the time. i dont notice any lag when i play and get like 2-3 bars of 4g lte.

Edited by makaveli
  • Like 1

Realistically you might be able to set up a 4G LTE USB dongal from your Cell carrier and connect it to a CP or a hand off device so you can route a ethernet cable from the cradlepoint to your computer and it would work just like broadband opposed to wireless

• Like 1

From what ive noticed with my data meter application i downloaded, PSOBB only uses around 300 bytes / s on average. The only time it uses more than that is the first few seconds of joining lobby (like 1-2kb/s) then it goes back down to 300bytes/s or lower. So basically if you had 1 GB just for playing pso it would last you atleast 1 week of playing everyday.

• Like 1

Hi, i am in Poland. I am actually using hotspot from 3-4 years, my android tablet is my router atm. I don't have any problems connecting through wi fi. Plus Mobile unlimited LTE transfer is actually good, it has around 50 mbit speed. Happy playing without lags :-)