Max Stats and how Equipables Take Effect?

redria7

I was researching the max stats for my HUnewearl and trying to figure out how to best optimize her for myself, and I kept coming across a set upgrades to use to increase her stats to "Max".

Materials - Materials are applied directly to the character.

Mag - Mags are equipped and can be changed out.

Slot Items - Can also be equipped and changed out.

My understanding from various guides is that these 3 increase paths can boost my attack, accuracy, defense, evasion. luck, and mental strength to their "maximum" value.

However, things like barriers, frames, and weapons also increase my stats in some of those same areas.

My question is, which equippable items are applied towards a character's "maximum" values and can only boost up to that limit, and which equippable items have stats that are applied on top of those maximums and can pass the maximums?

Thanks in advance. :onion107:

hmmm to add to that I can think of proof of sword saint for hunters which increases ata 30 over max with twin swords, sabers and katanas , virus shield vol opt for 10 ata over max , the item smart link which ive come to believe through various threads gives an invisible amount of extra ata approx. 30 for ranged weapons (non Ranger) for almost everything else you will see gold/yellow numbers when you reach max stats and you wont benefit from equipping them. for instance your high level and have a power mag and your pow number is yellow it wont increase when you equip a centurian power or other stat unit . although probably Fyrewolf5 will come in and give you the full rundown : )

Thanks everyone (and for the link to that thread). I was less asking about specific items and more asking about the item types.

From what the guides indicate, mags and slot items can only boost to the max limits, but things like barriers, frames, and weapons can boost you over the max?

Uranus listed the best items for going over the limits , I listed some of the others so barriers would be the red ring , vol opt shield , hunter wall , s parts 2.0 for ata over max . frames would be kroes sweater (females only) for ata over max sues coat gives an extra 100 atp, godrics cloak (fos only) gives 30 atp only(should give ata but broken) . weapons wise im not sure but mst adding weapons will stop at max but ive not had a master sword to confirm wether this gives stats over max(adds 20 to all stats) this is all I can think of at the min hope it helps

Hm. I'm not explaining right I think...

So HUnewearl has a base defense of 538, and a max defense of 589. I can create a mag with 51 defense and equip it and that will take my defense to max. Any additional defense levels on my mag or defense materials will do nothing.

Similarly, if I equip a defense slot unit, it will do nothing.

However, if I equip even a basic barrier or frame, these should boost my defense stats above 589, correct? And similarly, a weapon would be capable of boosting my attack above my normal attack limit? Does each equipable type (other than slot units) have a stat type that they can boost past the maximum?

oh lol : ) you have base stats( the numbers on the right in brackets ) which have a minimum at level 200 and a max at level 200 and only the materials you use, mags, weapons stat bonuses and units you equip effect this , weapons and armour are added to your base stats and are only limited to the item itself so for instance we take the ultima reaper it adds 666 atp on top of your atp base stat to work out damage for physical attacks it also gives mst but will not go over your max mst and lowers your evp by 20 from your total evp from armour , barrier and unit if you have something that boost evp on . so hopefully I we can now say that weapons atp has the only cap off the weapon itself added to your base and also the ata is added to your base aswell to get a total ata with that weapon equipped also I think if the weapon gives defence and evp it will go over max thinking about it now like an armour would which again is capped by the armour itself added to your base dfp so a long drawn out conclusion later followed by possibly more confusion is that equipable weapons and armours and barriers add onto your base stats and that your base stats are like you said capped at a point and adding units will not gain you anything other then the ones I mentioned . hope this is a better answer ? : )

Very very few things go over max stats. Only a select few things go over max, mostly the things that have been mentioned already, kroes sweater +10 ata, virus shield vol opt +10 ata, s-parts 2.01 +15 ata, red ring +20 ata +20 atp, sue's coat +100 atp, godric's cloak (if it ever gets fixed) +30 ata +30 atp, Proof of Sword Saint +30 ata to most rare Katanas, Twin Swords (jizai/musashi/etc), and Sabers, Sweetheart Armor when standing near males, and various other shields/armors that add atp or ata, sometimes to specific weapons only (combat gear, both d-parts, kasami bracer, yata mirror, black ring in groups wearing it, safety heart w/ rambling may, gratia w/ yasminkovs, thirteen w/ diska of braveman, BOVN w/ the legendary katanas, etc.). The things that go over max you don't have to worry about with the maxing; since they are over max they are a bonus that does not factor into the math for maxing.

Weapons and Armors generally do not affect your maximum stats. Weapons atp is always over max. Armors/shields add the dfp and evp over max on top of your stats, and if it adds atp or ata that will go over max too.
MST bonuses however are always to your base, it never goes over max with anything, not even blue ring. Units also always add to your base stats and do not go over max (save for the proof of sword saint bonus).

For maxing principles you want to generally use the least amount of units possible, as there are many useful utility ones (such as v502+smartlink for ranged hell weapons) that you will want to use over ones that only give you stats, and a good starting point is to look at how much ata the class needs to get since that is only possible on the mag (also note that some classes have a hidden .5 ata at level 200 which means they can go with an odd dex number on their mag to max i.e. fonewearl says 133 ata with nothing on out of 196 max, but will max from gaining only 62.5 ata with a 125 dex mag, I don't believe huney has this but I have not personally tested this myself, as my huney is not yet level 200). Also you never want to gain any extra defense on a mag, as 1 point of def on a mag is 1 dfp, but 1 def mat is 2 dfp. Red ring is almost always worn on every character, and so it is common to factor in the 20 luck it gives into a plan, 35 luck mats will max lck with red ring on, occasionally extra mats can be spent on luck for having max luck with other shields.

Hunewearl is very difficult to max. Being a newman means she has very large base-max differences in her stats, especially needing over 60 ata, combined with a 150 material limit is very harsh. I was only able to come up with one single-unit plan for her that works with centurion/battle by using the massive boost of a cent/arms; it is technically possible to use an adept unit if you include a v101 too, but really not recommended. While for most plans I would normally go for an adept over a cent/arms for the resists if possible, adept just doesn't come close enough to maxing without a v101 (and can't do a mst setup very well either) for my taste.

Centurion/Battle + Centurion/Arms

Mags: 5/141/54/0 and an optional 5/0/54/141 mag for mind setups

Mats: 35 luck | 110 pow | 5 mind

This will max atp, ata, and luck with red ring. The mind mag and a centurion/mind+v801 will be 20 off max mst (will max with hylian or red ring since both give +20 mst), though you will be down on atp with that secondary mind mag. The 5 mind mats are to put her up to 900 mst with a v801 equipped, which is enough to use a clio if they ever unlock it for her (it's been something that has been suggested many times but who knows if larva will ever get around to it), and if they do then that weapon will be great for supporting with a huney. You can wear a BOVN quite easily if you don't have a cent/battle. With a cent/battle can use rambling may very well, one of the only high atp guns for huney.

v101+Adept (not recommended)

Mag: 5/111/84/0

Mats: 23 luck | 127 pow

This gets to -1 atp, max ata without v101's 1.5 (if you decide to change it out for bovn or something), and lck with red ring. If you do take off the v101, you will not lose ata, but you will lose 15 more atp and 14 luck, which is certainly not desirable. I really can't recommend this plan very much, it is easier to get since there are less luck mats and cent/battle + cent/arms are event drops, but I don't think it's worth it. This plan can't have the secondary mind mag maxing with only c/mind+v801+rr/hylian, among other issues. It's far to inflexible and has a lot of drawbacks that don't make up for the slightly less luck mats and getting a cent/arms(which really isn't difficult as they aren't too expensive), and it loses too much stats to work a bovn or a cent/battle into this plan for me to recommend this.

Weapons and Armors generally do not affect your maximum stats. Weapons atp is always over max. Armors/shields add the dfp and evp over max on top of your stats, and if it adds atp or ata that will go over max too.

MST bonuses however are always to your base, it never goes over max with anything, not even blue ring. Units also always add to your base stats and do not go over max (save for the proof of sword saint bonus).

That's what I was looking for. :D

So even force weapons won't push MST over max? That's interesting. Thank you!