Low FPS help.

Hiros

I'm running the game on Core 2 Quad@2.33, 4gb ram, radeon 5670 (1gb), windows 7. IIrc game should be capped at 30fps but still i experience huge fps drops in many and different situations, making the game something i can't really enjoy, and i wish i could! I tried dropping every possible setting to its minimum with no visible difference so, i hope somebody can give me an hand running the game smoothly!

Well.. might not even be the game, but other software you have running.

Screen format: Widescreen (Normal would enable lower resolutions)

Resolution: 1280 x 720 (the lowest the better)

Color depth: 16 bit... (lol, anything is fine on this i think)

Window mode: Enabled

Frame Skip: 0 (0 = disabled, caps at 30, 1 = caps at 15, 2 = caps at 10)

--- All the stuff in between high, but set to low if needed

Fog: Pixel (the others make it lag a bit iirc)

Low res texture: disabled (not sure if this does anything tbh)

Advanced effect: enabled (not sure if this does anything tbh)

That's really weird.. I had a pentium 4 with no dedicated GPU and it still ran decently... might be issue of the GPU?

I don't know, i run alot of games with this card and get no troubles at all

Another thing you can do is to try forcing the game to run on a single core.

This is something i should try - i'm not exactly sure on the "how to" but I'll give it a shot in the next hours!

I am using Windows 8.1 so this should apply to 8 and 8.1

While the game is running find the process in the Task Manager under Details tab, right click it, set Affinity and select a single CPU

Edit: I didn't knew this way would be for the running instance only and not for others later so, here is a guide that shows it kind of clear

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/37272/set-a-programs-affinity-in-windows-7-for-better-performance/

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for the nice guide! I'll try to set online.exe on one core and make some tests!

Edit : Been trying everything - no matter what i do, my fps will drop from time to time for no reason - FRAPS keeps showing me 30 stable fps all the time, but my eyes are good enough to see that's a lie :S

I just don't know what to do anymore :(

Edited by Hiros

Playing in full screen mode will give you a 15% increase in performance (not windowed mode). Because the game can be drawn directly instead of first drawing the desktop.

Also make sure your GPU drivers are fully up to date.

Edit: Are there particular area's you experience more lag than others? Like the CCA area? There are anti fog skins that can increase performance in some area's.

Edited by chuk
  • Like 2

Playing in full screen mode will give you a 15% increase in performance (not windowed mode). Because the game can be drawn directly instead of first drawing the desktop.

Also make sure your GPU drivers are fully up to date.

Edit: Are there particular area's you experience more lag than others? Like the CCA area? There are anti fog skins that can increase performance in some area's.

Those drops are totally random - setting doesn't really look like an issue - full\max detail windowed\full screen or the opposite doesn't make a difference - they keep coming. Probably the issue is with compatibility version (you know, like OS etc...) or something like that.

By the way; the machine which I'm trying to play the game on is being formatted as I write, hoping something's gonna change. Thanks again for the reply!

Those drops are totally random - setting doesn't really look like an issue - full\max detail windowed\full screen or the opposite doesn't make a difference - they keep coming. Probably the issue is with compatibility version (you know, like OS etc...) or something like that.

By the way; the machine which I'm trying to play the game on is being formatted as I write, hoping something's gonna change. Thanks again for the reply!

Is it running better now? Don't forget to get the latest graphics drivers you can get :)

• Like 1

Is it running better now? Don't forget to get the latest graphics drivers you can get :)

Oh ehm...no - no matter what i do those fu**ing slowdowns won't go away. According to Fraps, fps are not going below 30 in any case. Both video and sound drivers are up to date, I even tried using a game booster to run the game with no luck. I'm clueless at this point.

Oh ehm...no - no matter what i do those fu**ing slowdowns won't go away. According to Fraps, fps are not going below 30 in any case. Both video and sound drivers are up to date, I even tried using a game booster to run the game with no luck. I'm clueless at this point.

Weird, your specs are not top notch but still plenty enough to run this game somewhat smoothly. Is this a laptop or a Desktop?

• Like 1