Banned from server. Why?

There is an IP address clash type bug that's worth troubleshooting if it is the cause, all you have to do is unplug your modem for 5 minutes and the address with change. Good luck.

~ Cerv

There is an IP address clash type bug that's worth troubleshooting if it is the cause, all you have to do is unplug your modem for 5 minutes and the address with change. Good luck.

~ Cerv

Hey Aiden, ty for the info. I tried it but I am still banned. :(

If at all possible, turn off the router for 5 minutes to renew your IP address as suggested, try it several times if necessary.

Now, if this doesn't seem to work, then you will have to try the next route which will be a bit more tricky to accomplish.

At the START button in Windows, go to -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt. Welcome to the still ancient DOS mode box. ^_^ Type "ipconfig" at the prompt and hit return. This should give you a list of your current IP address and configuration information of which you probably know little to none about. XD So here's what you're gonna do. You're going to type "ipconfig /release" and hit return. This will release your IP address and disconnect your computer from your local area network or internet connection. Now, you will type "ipconfig /renew" and hit enter to restore and reestablish a NEW IP address from your internet provider's server. You should shortly be back on the internet with a new IP address, so try to log into the PSOBB Ultima server again and see if you are "unbanned".

Hope this helps, good luck!

Edited by Trigunman

If at all possible, turn off the router for 5 minutes to renew your IP address as suggested, try it several times if necessary.

Now, if this doesn't seem to work, then you will have to try the next route which will be a bit more tricky to accomplish.

At the START button in Windows, go to -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt. Welcome to the still ancient DOS mode box. ^_^ Type "ipconfig" at the prompt and hit return. This should give you a list of your current IP address and configuration information of which you probably know little to none about. XD So here's what you're gonna do. You're going to type "ipconfig /release" and hit return. This will release your IP address and disconnect your computer from your local area network or internet connection. Now, you will type "ipconfig /renew" and hit enter to restore and reestablish a NEW IP address from your internet provider's server. You should shortly be back on the internet with a new IP address, so try to log into the PSOBB Ultima server again and see if you are "unbanned".

Hope this helps, good luck!

Hey thanks for taking the time to help out. I did exactly what you said. Still banned. :(

Hey thanks for taking the time to help out. I did exactly what you said. Still banned. :(

If you can log from any other computer (not on the same network) try it.. that worked before for someone else...

Same here. My IP has been the same for 3days and 2hours and suddenly I'm banned. (I wasn't banned on Saturday nor on Sunday when I played).

(Edit)

I tried the manipulation but it won't let me do it. I'm guessing I can't reset the modem over wi-fi.

manual override doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Edited by PBSaffran