'Round and 'Round and 'Round I Go...

Sinow Dark

...Why I've returned? Hell if I know.

It's been a while—a few years at least. And yet I’m no better at introductions than I was so many moons ago. Go figure. I see Ultima's still the homey glitch-fest it was when I left and still so few people, including the mods, have proper english skills. And what’s this I’ve been hearing about hackers and staff-impersonators? What am I going to do with all of you? :onion-head37:

In all seriousness though, I'm an old Ultima player returning almost exclusively out of curiosity to see how things have been getting on since my impromptu absence. I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t a touch depressing to see that not much has changed for the better in the time I’ve been away, but every rose has it’s thorns and in the end I’d like to hope Ultima still comes through smelling sweet enough.

Not sure if anyone remembers me, though I’ll admit that I don’t really remember anyone from my past on here, save a scant few players (of whom I don’t even know if they play anymore) and Ultima’s owner and proprietor Larva, ever in perpetual retirement limbo; wouldn’t have it any other way. So I apologize in advance to anyone that my memory just can’t be bothered to regurgitate.

I’ve yet to actually pop into the game itself and I’m curious to see just how well my old character has been preserved. I know there’s also been a lot of tweaking and fiddling server-side to include all sorts of new bells and whistles to the game, so that’ll be fun. Hopefully I can shake off these old cobwebs and get myself reacquainted with PSO again with a minimum of hassle after so long. But then what would Ultima be without its assorted hiccups and failing points? Answer: probably still just as ghetto as I remember it. Here's hoping it won't be too painful a reintegration at least. What kind of a homecoming would that be?

I’ll be slowly folding myself back into the game and forums (and I do mean slowly) and being fairly casual about it all for the foreseeable future. If I can be bothered to remember how the hell you play this game again, that is. It’s been a while.

So, yeah. How’ve you been, Ultima? :onion-head03:

• Like 6

Welcome back.

I'm new to Ultima as of a few months ago, so I have never played with you. I played a few years on Scht, a few years on Eden, and in my short time on Ultima, I think it is the best PSO server. It has the right blend of events, unique properties (server-side fiddling as you say) and friendly community. I am not bilingual, but I admire that players of different languages and backgrounds are all drawn to an old but charming game. Besides, the quick chat and "internet beats" were designed with a worldwide, diverse community in mind. I am glad to see that, despite Ultima's perceived drawbacks, players continue to revisit. Really, the drawbacks are by and large due to childish, attention-whoring script-kiddies, and nothing to do whatsoever with Ultima's "management". Were you to visit a week or two ago, you would have observed a more peaceful scene (or at least have been able to log in). Unfortunately that is not the case right now, but I have full faith that Larva et al are working to bring the server back up so that we can all continue to enjoy this wonderful, nostalgic game.

Anyway, hope to play with you sometime. Cheers.

Edit: and while I was divining, the servers are back.

Edited by Jayroddd
  • Like 3

Welcome back.

I'm new to Ultima as of a few months ago, so I have never played with you. I played a few years on Scht, a few years on Eden, and in my short time on Ultima, I think it is the best PSO server. It has the right blend of events, unique properties (server-side fiddling as you say) and friendly community. I am not bilingual, but I admire that players of different languages and backgrounds are all drawn to an old but charming game. Besides, the quick chat and "internet beats" were designed with a worldwide, diverse community in mind. I am glad to see that, despite Ultima's perceived drawbacks, players continue to revisit. Really, the drawbacks are by and large due to childish, attention-whoring script-kiddies, and nothing to do whatsoever with Ultima's "management". Were you to visit a week or two ago, you would have observed a more peaceful scene (or at least have been able to log in). Unfortunately that is not the case right now, but I have full faith that Larva et al are working to bring the server back up so that we can all continue to enjoy this wonderful, nostalgic game.

Anyway, hope to play with you sometime. Cheers.

Edit: and while I was divining, the servers are back.

Well met then, Jay and many thanks for the status update. Glad to know Ultima isn't completely falling apart at the seams. At least, not yet.

With any luck, hopefully we'll bump into one-another some time, so long as my character isn't dead. I look forward to it.

It was good seeing you back. I am the hedgehog force you was playing with when the other forces dropped right before last boss in that TTF.

Ah, Sonic. Er, I mean Travis. Er, I mean Steven. Here's hoping next time we'll actually make it to the end. :P