Happy Hours

I've been seeing all too many people say stuff like "HH doesn't come on enough" and complain that there aren't more Happy Hours. But to be honest, HH is a privilege. If HH is going to make people complain, they might as well keep it off. It's not like it's required to play, and it's something the admins/moderators do for us. It's not like they get paid to turn it on. So the next time someone thinks about complaining that it isn't on, just think about how that makes Larva feel. :c

• Like 3

If anyone needs to complain about it, it would be on to much. I prefered it when it was like once every week or so because then it was special. Now its like 5 times a week and that makes it to easy to get the items. Soon there will be to many of every item and they wont be worth anything :S

agreed! :onion88:

well being a player of Ultima server for few years now , Happy Hour used to be once/twice every weeks , and as of lately its has been damn near once or day or twice even a day(too much HH = No market ) everyone wiull find everything if we keep HH at this rate. Happy Hour is a Privilege from larva/admins , having to much Happy Hour = no point in playing anymore , you will have all you want at this rate

Edited by Riot-

Hey,

Just my opinion on the topic.

Being scheduled might be unfair to certain players that live in not so common timezones. Random gives you more of a chance to actually get in there and hunt something without feeling like you're missing out (especially if once a day).

As for the frequency that should be reduced a little, it's understandable (time zone differences) but still twice a day isn't really cutting it. If you're on long enough to see two HH 6-7 hours apart (hunting), you do deserve an item xD.

As for the no market part. The most important, "worth it" items are (with HH) >1/100, and from monsters that well, let's face it, not a 100 of them in the quest, is still a big chance of it not dropping. Wedding Dress for example, dropped recently from a Non-HH hunt. It's just luck mainly. The lowering of drop rates at pgf time for example with HH made it easier for people to farm one, but take into consideration the amount of games going on to actually hunt for them.

I do agree, HH is a privelage from the Admins and raises the players' spirits :D. So thank you guys.

Edited by squish
  • Like 1

"there are too many of this item it's going to lose it's value!"

You are missing the point of this game. Even if everyone had all the best items, you don't think people would donate to put stats on them? The game is not ruined when you have everything let alone a couple DaRk WeApOnS. how many players are at the point where donating isn't necessary to improve? None. Also, changing drop rates around, turning drops off and on to frustrate players and drive them to give in and donate isn't necessary. Consistency is very important and so is faith in humanity. You don't need to moderate the economy and make certain things impossible to get forcing people to donate. It's just not necessary. What brings people here is love for the game. I played Schthack for two years never got past level 150. I didn't have a care in the world I ran around with my dual birds feeling like a boss.

More Items = more fun and more donations.

I say let the economy grow!

Edited by Aiden Payne
  • Like 1

ok when everyone has reach the limit of not needing anything ,wheres the thrill in this game to hunt and if we got to that point all ppl will is repetitive RT TTF (2 most overplayed/ boring quest in game) , the thrive to hunt and find stuff is key to keep this game going , otherwise we will lose players bc they get bored n quit/retire

Hunting is an added feature to the playing, yes it adds excitement, but i don't think it's heart and soul of pso. Therfore it is not nessescary to act as though items/wealth are why people play this game. Is the point of life to aquire things? I'd say the fun goes a little deeper. What about games where you just kill the bosses and get the item 100% at the end? i enjoyed those just fine too

I'm not saying everything should just be handed to us, but more a healthy balance without a necessary item like pwand being impossible to obtain.

Edited by Aiden Payne
  • Like 1

so eour saying you want the easy way out, i personally think hunting items makes one a hard working hunter , i understand you on the fun part but that feeling when you work hard and get that item , just that gratiude feelimg is worth it

#hard work pays off

• Like 1

so eour saying you want the easy way out, i personally think hunting items makes one a hard working hunter , i understand you on the fun part but that feeling when you work hard and get that item , just that gratiude feelimg is worth it

#hard work pays off

very true =]