help with new computer

sopthor83

hello all

Im new to this server and also my computer. I just recently successfully downloaded and started playing on your awesome server. with my old computer everything went great no problems. My son also started playing online with me. We were on the other server for 6 months ( didn't know better).

Last night my Daughter brought home a newer more powerful computer . windows 7 went through the same download procedures but when i clicked on play game I got a very brief ( unreadable) command box and the game program shut down. I see in frequently asked questions that what happen sounds like graphics setting I set them to lowest to no avail.

I get the launcher up no problem when i check server status it tells me there all down but also shows 30 something users online.

going to try disabling fire walls and vp next any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

sopthor83

Britt Burford SC

Try every resolution (in the options of the launcher), in normal and widescreen.

I use lowest graphic settings because my pc is old but if your pc is new (and powerful) that wouldn't be a problem

Edited by srojasq

Resolution definitely sounds like the issue with that. I had constant closings on my laptop until I manually changed the resolution. Desktop screens tend to play much nicer, especially widescreen resolutions. Play around with those and you'll see good results. Also, the game is heavily CPU-bound, so you won't need much for graphics, but Frequency/Clock Speed is this game's Achilles heel

ok no joy on the graphics change I manually set all 72 different variations on the game options nothing worked also I noticed when I first open the Launcher the three bars show ship, patch and server online but if i try to get on or check their status the all 3 turn red Another wierd thing is when the game opens chrome 2 extensions crash and stops chrome from running. but chrome works fine other wise . any other suggestions ? Oh I tried uninstall and re install of both the game and my chrome browser , and checked that my computer didnt think it was running two monitors. Thanks for the help

I tried to just go back to my old computer but now its stalling in the boot menu declaring that there's no operating system installed just my luck

Thanks

Sopthor83

Britt

• This might be silly, but are you sure you're running the online.exe as an administrator?
  • Have you tried window mode?
  • What (error) message do you get in that command box?

At first I wasn't running as admin. but I tried that and no help I have tried window mode on and off. The command box is only on for a split second and I can't read it. this may help jog a suggestion.... user account control ask me if i want to allow online.exe to make changes to your computer every time before the launch box opens . It never did that with the old computer. I've pushed yes and no no difference noted probably has nothing to do with my problem.

I haven't been able to download the patches just the main game program cant figure out how to add the patches without letting it happen after the launcher gets me to the server. and I cant get to the server hate to be such a pain. any help is welcome Ill try anything

thanks

Sopthor83

Britt