Frequent Error 100's

Foxen

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have, that wasn't it.

You sure its completely off? I know it gives problems with PSOBB when running together. And have you tried redownloading/reinstalling the game?

You sure its completely off? I know it gives problems with PSOBB when running together. And have you tried redownloading/reinstalling the game?

I have not, I wasn't sure how character data was saved. Ill make a backup of my characters and do that.

EDIT: uninstall.exe has stopped working... you..you freakin serious right now? Fine, ill manually uninstall everything then.

Edited by Foxen

Your characters are stored on the server, so the only things you'd really need to backup are your screenshots and your logs -- if you'd like to keep those. Also, any mods you installed that would be difficult to reacquire.

Hmm, this is very strange, I'm still thinking some program interrupts your game or the game tries to access inaccessible memory parts. You still have a lot of room on your hard drive? Try making a new account and see if that one has the same problem.

Hmm, this is very strange, I'm still thinking some program interrupts your game or the game tries to access inaccessible memory parts. You still have a lot of room on your hard drive? Try making a new account and see if that one has the same problem.

Alright, will try a new account. Also i have 2.5+ gigs of free space left on the partition that the game is installed on and 80+ gigs total on the drive.

testing now...

Same problem.

I've shut down as much as i possibly can in terms of programs. Are there any ports that i could open to help or SHOULD have opened that I wasn't aware of?

Edited by Foxen

The only other program that i have that might interfere with the network connection to your server is hamachi, I can shut down the service and try that. The only other internet connected program that i have is skype, which I use almost all the time, i mean asside from firefox of course.

EDIT2: Shutting down skype still causes the issue, 4 minutes of inactivity gives error 100 after about 30-40 seconds of gameplay. 3 minutes and 30 seconds of inactivity does not disconnect me.

Hmm is it always around 4 minutes when you are inactive?

Btw, if you check your router settings, try looking for the MTU and make sure it's over 1420. Normally it's 1500 by default but you never know...

Edited by chuk

Check this if you can :

Check your router settings, try looking for the MTU and make sure it's over 1420. Normally it's 1500 by default but you never know...

Alright well, i've looked around as much as i can but i cant seem to find the MTU of my router. It's less than a year old and not a consumer router, so i assume it should be up to par. A Westell A90-750022-07.

EDIT: *sigh* I just realized that while doing all of this, i havent been able to participate in the G-Quest event...

Edited by Foxen

Alright, I've done more testing, I've removed all other computers from my network and all peripherals from my computer that weren't necessary to play the game, blue snowball, webcam, controller, disabled wireless connectivity just in case even though i dont use it, turned off all other programs that have internet connectivity and isolated as many issues as i could think of and i still disconnect after approximately 4 minutes of inactivity.

Could you try the game on another computer in the same network

and/or

Try it on the same computer but in another network

We need to pinpoint the problem before we can solve it.