Ultima Ventrilo Voice Server

I want to have an open Ventrilo server up for all Ultima players if anyone is interested in this... just connect.

Anyone should be able to access by downloading Ventrilo, then typing in a username and the server address: psopro.typefrag.com:5560

I want to stress that this is NOT a team specific feature this is open to all of Ultima.

This program is good to help you get through to other players right away even if you don't use a mic it can be useful, there is also a chat ability in the program.

This is not an official server program through Larva etc. It is just a feature I, myself want to bring to the server that I have enjoyed for years. All of Ultima is welcome from Admin-new players.

I hope to be able to be able to bring on a richer PSOBB experience for all, no more typing out PB charge numbers and enjoy real time coordination for events, challenge mode, and time attack.

Ventrilo offers better volume controls to enable voice communication over PSO sound effects.

This current server replaces previous incarnations of Teamspeak, sticky por favor.

Provided by me and in honor of the late dooby Teamspeak.

tjo1.jpg1i7v.jpg

ymni.jpg0tnl.jpg

cipn.jpgfwyv.jpg

xe31.jpgx6zc.jpg

Edited by Whoopin
  • Like 4

That sounds great hoping to actually meet new people on here :D and I do hope much success to it :)

• Like 2

Great idea, sadly Ventrilo doesn't work well for me. My mic is fine, the settings are correct (according to various guides, youtube vids etc) but when I speak, you can barely hear me. My words get cut off and you hear lots of background noise (even when it's quiet in my room).

Any idea what I can do about it?

• Like 1

Great idea, sadly Ventrilo doesn't work well for me. My mic is fine, the settings are correct (according to various guides, youtube vids etc) but when I speak, you can barely hear me. My words get cut off and you hear lots of background noise (even when it's quiet in my room).

Any idea what I can do about it?

Are you using Voice Activation?

Most players here use Skype cause its usually already installed to call family and friends and doesnt require someone to pay for a server - same thing for raidcall. However if a server is available then Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or Mumble are superior for the role because it doesnt require you to maintain a list of contacts and managing a conference call when you have more than 4 players.

Ventrilo is easily installed, then you simply login using the Server address with any Username and youre already talking to any user thats connected to the server at the time. I would use Teamspeak if it had better volume controls but PSO is so loud that you have to install the quiet sounds patch or have it mute the game while talking. Ventrilo supports up to 800% voice amplification so you can leave your important PSO sounds on (music muted) and adjust your speaker volume to allow voice that clearly overlays sounds.

y47f.jpg

No reason not to use it unless you have technical difficulties, you can even download a Ventrilo APP for your phone and use that anytime.

If anyone needs technical support then I can help, been fixing computer problems for almost 20 years.

Join in the fun! Its easy, free, and upgrades your gaming experience.

EDIT: Sever is hosted in London, England.

Edited by Whoopin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...