Snow Queen needs combo unlocked!

well what if it would need a second photon booster to 'evolve' into its last form, SNOW EMPRESS or something alike. That one then has a combo unlock.

That's a really good idea.

If you unlock the snow queen the rifle becomes irrlevent, it's a launcher and forfills a different role

Not quite following you there. Are you saying that it's not possible because it's more of a launcher, or that it shouldn't be unlocked at all?

Let's face it, that "different role," is unneeded.

I'm saying a piercing freeze launcher with a combo is massively op and over shadows ever other weapon to the point that using something that isn't a ra pointless.

The snow queen is fine and always has been, the choice between it and the shooter is a preference as they are both balanced as is.

• Like 1

I would highly disagree with it being OP, as I've known hacker friends back on Schthack that have done the same thing and yes, it's handy in many situations, but no where near outshines everything else. But of course that's just my opinion, what would I know about keeping things balenced?

The reason I made the topic was to get it unlocked, yes. Don't overexaggerate anything, it was a request due to many player's opinions, and as far as I'm concerned you've said it was God mode without sound reasoning. As I'm sure there is no convincing you otherwise, oh well. That's a shame, considering I'm sure there couldn't possibly be things which are MUCH more OP then a Snow Queen that has a normal combo.

I've also known people who have hacked the Snow Queen on Schthack, but you absolutely can't deny that it's not OP to do so. Literally nothing will touch you. Ever. Even in Ultimate. It doesn't matter how little damage you do. I think the real question is whether the additional 50 PDs is enough balancing to justify the unlocking.

How about the upgrade change it into a Snow Queen shotgun? It shoots 5 of the exact same Snow Queen beams at a spread (if that's too big, do Frozen Shooter shots), and the special has a normal Frost special. Definitely give it better ATA and ATP than Snow Queen. I mean hell, we really do need a shotgun weapon that can bridge the HUGE gap between Baranz/Needle and Dark Meteor. It'd be nice if it had at least Handgun range on the shots, to make it worth another 50PDS. You could even just reskin the Power Maser gun or something. Shots need to move fast, unlike Baranz.

Edited by Kaiyuss

How about the upgrade change it into a Snow Queen shotgun? It shoots 5 of the exact same Snow Queen beams at a spread (if that's too big, do Frozen Shooter shots), and the special has a normal Frost special. Definitely give it better ATA and ATP than Snow Queen. I mean hell, we really do need a shotgun weapon that can bridge the HUGE gap between Baranz/Needle and Dark Meteor. It'd be nice if it had at least Handgun range on the shots, to make it worth another 50PDS. You could even just reskin the Power Maser gun or something. Shots need to move fast, unlike Baranz.

Turning it into a shot and toning down it's freezing abilities isn't that bad of an idea. Glad to know someone is actually thinking, and not completely disagreeing :onion107:

However... It would require redesigning the weapon and it may as well be a completely different weapon from the changes. Doesn't seem likely.

Turning it into a shot and toning down it's freezing abilities isn't that bad of an idea. Glad to know someone is actually thinking, and not completely disagreeing :onion107:

However... It would require redesigning the weapon and it may as well be a completely different weapon from the changes. Doesn't seem likely.

Or what about keeping it a rifle, no combo, and make it fire a spread of 3 Snow Queen shots with handgun range. Fires at the same speed as Snow Queen. I'd say raise the ATP by 80, and grind to +10. Keep the ATA the same as snow queen.

Snow Queen definitely needs some kind of upgrade, and like I said, it could still sorta fill that ENORMOUS gap between Baranz/Needle and Dark Meteor. But this way, it only fires in three shots, piercing yes, but only at handgun range. With no combo, I don't think it would be broken, especially when you consider that it costs 100pds to make, and then more if you add %, and keep in mind Hit would also be important so you're only get to add to two % Types.

The upgrade would be worth it IMO. It would retain the Rifle appearance, firing speed and freezing ability, so the only downside would be a lack of range. I think that would be pretty balanced.

Edited by Kaiyuss

Or what about keeping it a rifle, no combo, and make it fire a spread of 3 Snow Queen shots with handgun range. Fires at the same speed as Snow Queen.

I like it. But I'm easy to please. If somebody could come up with something that the mods would like (other then nothing), I would feel better at night. It's just something to possibly put down on a checklist of ideas. Who knows? I've done and tried.

Because weapons at the same hex must share the same range stats, hence why it's a combo locked rifle in thr first place. Not everything has to be optimal or top tier and just because people agree with you doesn't make it any less overpowerd, in fact if they had to use a trainer to do it pretty much proves it is otherwise why waste time.

I already have one of those.... It's an M-Type weapon called the Type SH/Shot w/ Blizzard special and yes, it's absolutely rivals my Fr00zer in utility against hordes of monsters. :onion-head80: So yea, do the Jap Max Attack quest, get lots of points and then do the Beak's Cafe quest and pray you land a Type SH/Shot. Next you'll have to catch Mio on a good day when he's adding specials for 10 PDs... Yea it's a longshot I know, but man it's worth the hassle IMHO! :onion108: