Gamcube USB Question or Idea

spade88

This might have been asked before in the past but I was wondering if you can transfer your original xbox PSO character to the GameCube PSO Plus version?

I was wondering if you could pull something similar to what the xbox action replay does.

(So I guess I am asking 2 types of questions)

Their is a USB hook up called: "3 in 1 Magic Joy Box Gamecube / PS2 / Xbox USB adapter" - which would allow the original xbox controller to hook up to the Gamecube, but does that mean you could also do a PSO character transfer since the controller has a memory slot?

$(KGrHqUOKjME4mq++nl(BOOZOkK7Cw~~0_35.JPG

Or

Is their a USB connector out their that will connect your gamecube to your PC? (can you use that xbox action replay saved PSO character and transfer it to a gamecube memory card)

(for the xbox you can use the action replay for the PSO to clone your character and save to your PC as a back up)

lzpA2waLaakS7Y9.jpg

action_replay_screenshot.jpg

Flat out I'm trying to transfer my xbox character to my gamecube since the games are the same to a small point....no biggy if it can't be done

Spade, I've been a member on several PSO forums, (some of which died off as time went on) and this idea has been tossed around a few times...

Unfortunately, someone that managed to find out how to transfer their PSO data from their memory cards to their PC learned the hard way that the GameCube and the XBox use different file types with their data-encoding, which rendered the idea of copying their character from one to the other completely useless.

A shame, too, but there you have it.

Spade, I've been a member on several PSO forums, (some of which died off as time went on) and this idea has been tossed around a few times...

Unfortunately, someone that managed to find out how to transfer their PSO data from their memory cards to their PC learned the hard way that the GameCube and the XBox use different file types with their data-encoding, which rendered the idea of copying their character from one to the other completely useless.

A shame, too, but there you have it.

Come now, with some skills, willpower and loads of time, you can prob figure out both storage protocols and make a converting tool.

Read in from console --> ram it through your tool on the comp --> pump it into the other one.

Just quite some work, leveling your character on both consoles would take less effort x)

xbox saved are encrypted to the machines eeprom and gamertag. GC saves are encrypted to the serial number and access key.

knowing that infomation doesn't help you at all. Answer is still nope. Buy a gc action replay and just use codes to recreate your items and exp lvl etc about 100 times easier.